APC Forum

Granulated BP as break charge?

Potassiumchlorate

PotassiumChlorate, I find it quite irresponsible of you to try to assist this guy in his efforts to use flash powder as a lift or break charge. Do you really find him competent enough to be making flash powder if he can't grasp the basics of how black powder is made?

Sorry for that. I said that it was possible but also that it was not advisable.

i am going 2 my local firewors work shop.1 pro guy told me a composition.i brought 1k barium nitrate and 500 gram mag powder. he told me a composition that is barium nitrate 25 and mag 10 . They use this composition for shell lift and blust charge. what u guys thik ? can this help me ???

I still think it's a bad idea. I shouldn't have mentioned it to start with. Flash is too powerful for a newbie.

Mumbles had an accident just a few months ago, and that was when milling charcoal, and Mumbles is more skilled than most people here.

yes i have a festival with in 3 days. It is called Kali puja. Like yours x-mass.Our whole country celibrate this days with fireworks.

ok i m noob to building a shell .but i make huge fountains, pipe bomb , rocktes and many other things i dont no what is their english name.

so this year i go for shell.

i have completed my stars and they r redy 2 burn and other meterial i have enough.Meterials are very cheap in here .like kno3 1 kg 2 dollers.sulfer less 1 doller, mag and alu powdered 5 doller. I can make a bome like hand grenade. if u throw it will make a huge blast and capable to kill 7or 8 men.I know how risky this are.So i using a very thick water pype as a lift.A little amount of flash powder cant blow that thing.

I dont have a ball mill , and not avlable in my country.No online shop able to import that . can u show me a video how mill black powder with out a ball mill , that will help 4 me.

tnx for reply and sorry for bad english

yes i have a festival with in 3 days. It is called Kali puja. Like yours x-mass.Our whole country celibrate this days with fireworks.

ok i m noob to building a shell .but i make huge fountains, pipe bomb , rocktes and many other things i dont no what is their english name.

so this year i go for shell.

i have completed my stars and they r redy 2 burn and other meterial i have enough.Meterials are very cheap in here .like kno3 1 kg 2 dollers.sulfer less 1 doller, mag and alu powdered 5 doller. I can make a bome like hand grenade. if u throw it will make a huge blast and capable to kill 7or 8 men.I know how risky this are.So i using a very thick water pype as a lift.A little amount of flash powder cant blow that thing.

I dont have a ball mill , and not avlable in my country.No online shop able to import that . can u show me a video how mill black powder with out a ball mill , that will help 4 me.

tnx for reply and sorry for bad english

This post concerns me quite a bit.. we are building fireworks here not k3wl bombs capable of causing harm to others. Also, you say you know how risky this is.. apparently you do not seeing as how your willing to use flash powder for lift. Flashpowder is a very potent composition and should ONLY be used by people who know what they are doing, and do so safely. A rock tumbler is the same thing as a ball mill, with that and some LEAD media you can make decent BP in a few hours. We want to help you here, so please at least take some advice others have to offer.

If you want to make lift BP without a ball mill, look up the CIA method of making BP. In m opinion it is not as good as milled but it should be okay for your purposes.

You will end up killing yourself or others if you play with highly energetic mixes in the way that you suggest. Please take the advice of very experienced people on here. They know what they are doing from EXPERIENCE. You may end up being badly injured or dying because you are not starting safely.

Get a ball mill.

I tried mixing BP by hand, blended everything first then mixed. Folded, sieved, mortar and pestle.. Didn't work well.

The only thing I found to be true about mixing by hand was that the 20 minutes you thought you had mixed for was really only three minutes, just seemed like much longer because of two things. One being you just wanted it done and the other being and excessive amount of energy put into such a small task. And if you weren't using energy, you were doing it wrong.

You can make a ball mill for pretty much nothing, one that's capable of producing pretty hot BP. Go down to your local car wreckers ask for a windscreen wiper motor, if you take your own tools they'll most likely tell you that you can have one if you get it out yourself. If that's the case, get two or three as they're handy for star rollers too. Most wiper motors will spin about 55-70 RPM, then just find a plastic jar, bolt it onto the wiper motor shaft (not too big or heavy though or it'll stress the motor and not roll well) fill it about 1/3 full of fishing sinkers (rounder the better) add some of your mix, run it for about an hour then check the heat of your wiper motor. They typically get pretty warm after 20-30 minutes. If it's hot to the touch turn t off until it cools, if it's too hot to touch it's too hot to have near your BP.

You can power this off a car battery, old PC power supply whatever. This is what I used as my first mill, and I'll admit before I milled BP all I could get off the ground was a cloud of smoke. After milling and ramming a small end-burner, I needed new pants it was a thousand times better than anything I mixed by hand.

The more time I spent making my mill more efficient, the better my BP.

Now the only downside to having great BP when learning is you'll get a lot of CATOs. - But think of it this way, and I'm sure most will agree.

"A mid-air CATO is closer to success than a puff of smoke and a burnt lawn."