APC Forum

Other uses for pyro skills

MadMax

Please, for the love of God, SHUT UP!!!

And well deserved ;)

Pyro skills also come in handy for flying kites. The knots we use for inserts and canisters are very handy for tying down and securing canoes and kayaks as well.

-dag

I love flying kites. Every summer I spend a whole week at the beach and pack along a couple big kite bags stuffed with my random assortment of kites. Yes, lots of knots are used.

Every year I add to my kite stacks a couple more pieces of laundry to color the sky with. If the wind is really ripping, I'll break out one of my para-foils and go "Scudding" down the beach.

I refuse to grow old but I'll probably die trying to be young. Or as they say "stupid hurts".

I love flying kites. Every summer I spend a whole week at the beach and pack along a couple big kite bags stuffed with my random assortment of kites. Yes, lots of knots are used.

Every year I add to my kite stacks a couple more pieces of laundry to color the sky with. If the wind is really ripping, I'll break out one of my para-foils and go "Scudding" down the beach.

I refuse to grow old but I'll probably die trying to be young. Or as they say "stupid hurts".

I gave up on para-foils long ago when I flew one in Va Beach and I got airborne for about 200' and got up to 25' or so. I came down hard and fast, took weeks to heal the sand abrasions on my face and upper body. :huh:

I gave up on para-foils long ago when I flew one in Va Beach and I got airborne for about 200' and got up to 25' or so. I came down hard and fast, took weeks to heal the sand abrasions on my face and upper body. :huh:

In that case I'd be happy to take that dangerous old thing off your hands...

In that case I'd be happy to take that dangerous old thing off your hands...

Been gone some 20 years now, they have safety's in them now, Mine was just a parachute of sorts that was sold under the Paraglyde name.

WOW!!! Dag.That would scare the Hiff out of anybody. I stick to small Para-sails and never wear a harness. If it turns into a Rodeo, I just let go of one of the handles. My only accident happenned because I tried to scud up the beach to my truck and apparently got launched into some rocks and was knocked coo-coo. I had a gash on my leg and a huge knot on my head. Nobody was there to see it so I'm not sure what happenned???

WOW!!! Dag.That would scare the Hiff out of anybody. I stick to small Para-sails and never wear a harness. If it turns into a Rodeo, I just let go of one of the handles. My only accident happenned because I tried to scud up the beach to my truck and apparently got launched into some rocks and was knocked coo-coo. I had a gash on my leg and a huge knot on my head. Nobody was there to see it so I'm not sure what happenned???

Hey! Watch the Hiff buddy, someone gonna get hurt on that stuff! :lol:

-dag

Hey! Watch the Hiff buddy, someone gonna get hurt on that stuff! :lol:

-dag

Getting back on subject (sort of).

Dagubu, Apparently if one excells in Pyro, his writing will benefit.

The Throwies thread was easily the most beautiful, entertaining and hysterical thread I've ever read. Anapogeetofar kicked it off with a most spectacular peice, err, uhm, piece of prose. Then you, Ralph and the rest of the guys just tore me up with the "Hiff", "Heft", "Pizo" and "Piece". Every time I read it again I bust out laughing at all of the innuendo that I missed the first time.

I was bummed when Sidwinder shut it down. Alas, no amount of further prose could have surpassed what was already written.

Edited by killforfood