APC Forum

Pyro Shirts

NightHawkInLight

One more down:

post-1652-0-63142100-1298151585_thumb.png Or alternately: post-1652-0-55832700-1298152485_thumb.png

I realize I drew a clay bulkhead with passfire to ignite time fuse rather than a delay comp to a QM pipe into the shell. I think it makes a better drawing this way, even if it's not the method I preach. I think this is my favorite design so far. Though I do look forward to wearing the 75:15:10 and girandola shirt as well. I don't know that I'm quite satisfied with the canister shell yet.

I did a 75/15/10 orange text on green shirt a long while back with acrylic paint and iron on cloth fixitive/medium.

Here is something similar.

http://www.cafepress.com/pyrochembrewdiy.250333518

Let it be known, cafepress is NOT cheap. If you want cheap you can probably do better with blank shirts from a craft store, paint, and iron on fixitive/medium.

I got a few test prints done today:

post-1652-0-20102300-1298245695_thumb.png

I know the most interest was in the 75:15:10 shirt so I took a close up:

post-1652-0-41932000-1298245760_thumb.png

The white shirts are double printed for added definition. I may have the black shirts doubled as well, but it's much less common so we'll see how that turns out. Looks like the T's are going to be $20 on the dot after shipping, but of course shipping goes down if you order more than one. Hoods I estimate to be about $32 after shipping, not sure on that yet. I hope to have all these shirts and maybe a few others available in about two weeks. We'll see.

One more down:

Rocket Scientist T 001 Small.png Or alternately: Light My Fire T 001 Small.png

I realize I drew a clay bulkhead with passfire to ignite time fuse rather than a delay comp to a QM pipe into the shell. I think it makes a better drawing this way, even if it's not the method I preach. I think this is my favorite design so far. Though I do look forward to wearing the 75:15:10 and girandola shirt as well. I don't know that I'm quite satisfied with the canister shell yet.

Some one is being naughty and not cross matching both the inside and outside of their time fuse.

Some one is being naughty and not cross matching both the inside and outside of their time fuse.

Haha, is that naughty? I've never in my life known a shell to fail because of that.

Yet another design:

post-1652-0-67145300-1298263670_thumb.png

I'm thinking that should go on the back of a shirt.

I guess most of my shells are big enough that the fuse isn't long enough to reach the center so I have quick match piped up any way. I don't know if a shell would fail, but I've noticed a big performance gain from getting a lot of fire started in a shell.

I guess most of my shells are big enough that the fuse isn't long enough to reach the center so I have quick match piped up any way. I don't know if a shell would fail, but I've noticed a big performance gain from getting a lot of fire started in a shell.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. Placing a good few strands of blackmatch to pipe the flame into the shell does make the break harder. I just don't think crossmatching the fuse on the inside is necessary to ensure ignition. I thought that's what you were saying. In reality there's no way you could reach the center of an inner petal with time fuse and not have it just about back to earth before it's burned through anyway, but it looks ok without a passfire in the drawing. I thought so anyway.

That looks good Optimus. Did you take that photo? It looks like it could be stock from detonation films. That would be a tough photo to take.

I did indeed take that photo - give me a shout if you want the high-res for anything.

• 4 weeks later...

took me a while to find it it was at the bottom of my wash basket

post-9596-0-07328300-1298357955_thumb.jpg

the text wasnt completely original :P

I don't get the "Me running LOL" part.

NHIL, I love the shirts, I'm going to have to see if I can get the 75:15:10 one. Though I also need pyro supplies, so... decisions decisions

I don't get the "Me running LOL" part.

NHIL, I love the shirts, I'm going to have to see if I can get the 75:15:10 one. Though I also need pyro supplies, so... decisions decisions

Sounds good, I appreciate the consideration. You are also able to now have the designs printed on the back with custom text printed over your heart on the front. That only costs $4 more, making the grand total for black shirts $24 after shipping, and white shirts $23, as opposed to $20 and $19 for non custom shirts after shipping (within the US that is). It's a pretty cool option anyway.

Here's the link to the regular shirts: http://starvetheflesh.com/nighthawkinlight/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

And here are the custom shirts: http://starvetheflesh.com/nighthawkinlight/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=mt1o3oancm2qh84dkijfhggmu4

For a custom order you can leave the text you want printed on the shirt in the special instructions box when you make your order, along with any other comments or questions you may have.

Sounds good, I appreciate the consideration. You are also able to now have the designs printed on the back with custom text printed over your heart on the front. That only costs $4 more, making the grand total for black shirts $24 after shipping, and white shirts $23, as opposed to $20 and $19 for non custom shirts after shipping (within the US that is). It's a pretty cool option anyway.

Here's the link to the regular shirts: http://starvethefles...e=index&cPath=2

And here are the custom shirts: http://starvethefles...qh84dkijfhggmu4

For a custom order you can leave the text you want printed on the shirt in the special instructions box when you make your order, along with any other comments or questions you may have.

Alright don't get too excited! Are these going to be available for a while? How long do I have to get my act together?

Also, on the non-custom shirts, is the design still on the back?

Alright don't get too excited! Are these going to be available for a while? How long do I have to get my act together?

Also, on the non-custom shirts, is the design still on the back?

Nah no pressure. The shirts will be around indefinitely. It doesn't cost me anything to offer them for sale because they are printed per order.

All the designs are printed on the front by default on the non custom shirts, but if you simply request a back print in the order comments box I don't think that will be an issue at no extra charge.

Nah no pressure. The shirts will be around indefinitely. It doesn't cost me anything to offer them for sale because they are printed per order.

All the designs are printed on the front by default on the non custom shirts, but if you simply request a back print in the order comments box I don't think that will be an issue at no extra charge.

Great, thanks!

I would much rather have it on the front, so that's good [=

Now my list includes KNO3, 1/2" NEPT, a torch, and a T-shirt! Random number generator to pick what gets to go first? Hehe

Great, thanks!

I would much rather have it on the front, so that's good [=

Now my list includes KNO3, 1/2" NEPT, a torch, and a T-shirt! Random number generator to pick what gets to go first? Hehe

Well you need to go for the nitrate that's for sure. What good is a pyro shirt without being able to do any pyro.

Well you need to go for the nitrate that's for sure. What good is a pyro shirt without being able to do any pyro.

True, I'll have to until my parents get back from New Zealand until I can order anything though. I ran out of my 10lb of potassium nitrate from eBay, and I think I'm going to get the 50 pound bag for $65 (Shipped) that Dagabu posted a while back, might not be quite the same quality I’m used to (Not like I'm going to notice a difference), but it seems like a good deal.

Also, I do need more T-shirts so maybe the parental units will get it for me, :whistle: I don’t know.