APC Forum

Pyro Shirts

NightHawkInLight

I plan on designing a few pyro related shirts over the next little while. I'll be posting designs here as I make them to get some feedback before they go to the printers.

Here's the first one I just started playing with:

post-1652-0-60423100-1297980475_thumb.png

I don't plan on every design having my username on it, but one or two anyway. Is there anything you all would like to have on a shirt for your pyro shoots? I'm thinking quite a number of designs on a light color for that hot sun when you're out burying guns.

Maybe something funny. Ive seen shirts with warmings like "Shoots flaming balls" and stuff like that. Also, how about a shirt that just says 75:15:10

At the same time, light colored shirts get very dirty from the grime that goes along with a full day of pyro. I still personally prefer black despite the heat, but red or day-glo green are always nice too.

At the same time, light colored shirts get very dirty from the grime that goes along with a full day of pyro. I still personally prefer black despite the heat, but red or day-glo green are always nice too.

You should see my BBQ team shirts. Oh My. :lol:

Maybe something funny. Ive seen shirts with warmings like "Shoots flaming balls" and stuff like that. Also, how about a shirt that just says 75:15:10

That's understated and cool.

I hear evil clown faces are really cool also. So put lots of scary clown faces on it, too. :D

I like it. How's This:

post-1652-0-63514800-1298003922_thumb.png

And how about:

post-1652-0-75889400-1298003951_thumb.png

NHIL i like all of them but. i really like the 75:15:10 and the canister shell.

I imagine the perfect pyro shirt for me would be a drawn frame with lots of small pyro pics, describing everything we do - making shells, components, displaying fireworks, preparing the area, taking safety precautions, etc. It would be very nice.

75:15:10 is classic. Here's another vote. It looks good on black... ooh, no lime green. :D

I came up with a black handprint design last year. The second I saw the evil clowns on Cafepress, I opted for subtlety.

How about

"Do not hold in hand"

or

"Light on ground and step away"

I like it. How's This:

post-1652-0-63514800-1298003922_thumb.png

Saweeet! I apologize in advance for stealing this idea and having my sister in law make me a shirt with that image on it. :P

I like it. What if you had the background be a pic of BP in the middle of burning?

I think the idea of underlining it with burning visco.

I imagine the perfect pyro shirt for me would be a drawn frame with lots of small pyro pics, describing everything we do - making shells, components, displaying fireworks, preparing the area, taking safety precautions, etc. It would be very nice.

That sounds like a lot of work! I'll think about it. The trick would be making a layout that was understandable.

How about

"Do not hold in hand"

or

"Light on ground and step away"

Possibly. I believe I've seen shirts like those before. I would have to figure out a nice image or a joke to set them apart with.

Saweeet! I apologize in advance for stealing this idea and having my sister in law make me a shirt with that image on it. :P

Oh come now, do I need to post smaller images? You'll be missing out on the nice hi res prints.

Btw, that image was taken with my new video camera I posted about in the HD camera thread. It's great, I want a second one.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

Btw, that image was taken with my new video camera I posted about in the HD camera thread. It's great, I want a second one.

FINE!!!:angry:

Ill make two, what size do you wear? :P

Edited by dagabu

FINE!!!:angry:

Ill make two, what size do you wear? :P

Haha go make your tshirt. Just don't tell anybody. I've heard that if copyright is not enforced across the board it makes it nonenforceable everywhere.

I made a few changes to the other two:

post-1652-0-46955100-1298064922_thumb.png post-1652-0-56161600-1298064981_thumb.png

Looks like everyone likes the real pyro imagery. I'll have to take some more pictures and see what else I can do.

NightHawk I'm diggin the hand drawn stuff. Nice girandola!

Here's something I threw together:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5296/5457386908_9c98045bf9_o.jpg

Never really thought about this, but some of the technical illustrations of pyrotechnics - especially the old ones - could make for a really nice t-shirt graphic. Simple to vectorise and maniplute too...

While it might be difficult to compose & silk screen:

An old style 13 star American flag

Each star a burst

Each stripe a trail of glitter.

LIGHT MY FIRE

Each star a burst

LIGHT MY FIRE

Hum. That sounds like a good idea. I would like to see what it looks like.

That looks good Optimus. Did you take that photo? It looks like it could be stock from detonation films. That would be a tough photo to take.

I thought about the old illustrations which is what made me think of drawing my own.

Each star a burst

LIGHT MY FIRE

I really need to take a lot more photos at the next MPAG shoot. I don't have enough to do stuff like that yet.

Need a rocket of some type with the saying LIGHT MY FIRE!Have you thought up a price?

Fly

The price will probably be about $15 per T, maybe $25-30 for a hoodie. I'll try to get them as low as possible. I'm definitely going to try to keep the price below $20 after shipping to the lower 48 for a T. It shouldn't be long before I know for sure.