APC Forum

NC Lacquer

Fly

Well being this is the Net you will always have those behind there key boards that are trying to be cute or impress everone with how much knowlege

the have.

I pick & choose who to beleave.I may ask something here & go to another board & ask the same, before I settle on my choose.The stuff we do can

hurt you if you take the first post as the fact.

Guys like Mumbles, Pyrojig, Peret, ect will always be up front with you.I have conversed with them ever since I started, on this form & others.So

that post raised a red flag with me when she talked about heating acetone to a boil?I had already made some up & knew that was crap.

Fly

... I don't want to glorify this person/people, but that is disturbing. If I have problems with madman, I'm glad I missed Anyka whoever. ("She"? Uh huh.)

I'm new. I know I'm going to make mistakes, but if I'm getting that kind of feedback from people I respect, OK. There's something I like about the legitimate (intelligent, moderated) pyro communities. You either know what you're talking about or you're willing to learn. I don't quite trust anyone who appears really overconfident, troll or otherwise.

I had a question about NC lacquer (using, not making). I can't remember what it was. Hmm, I'll come back later.

Das,

I love the idea that females love pyro, better yet that you want to build and best yet that you can deal with all of us males. Anyka was as you say prone to not take feedback and had no respect from us as a whole.

\

I'm new. I know I'm going to make mistakes, but if I'm getting that kind of feedback from people I respect, OK. There's something I like about the legitimate (intelligent, moderated) pyro communities. You either know what you're talking about or you're willing to learn. I don't quite trust anyone who appears really overconfident, troll or otherwise.

We've all made mistakes, but that's the great thing about forums like this one...you can learn from others' mistakes and not make them yourself. Everyone needs to be willing to learn, as there's almost always a safer and better way.

• 1 month later...

There is something I'm curious about. I hear about people melting down gunpowder and ping pong balls and ordering NC lacquer online and stuff but what I want to know is how suitable would paint store bought NC lacquer be as a binder for start / dragon eggs or whatever?

I know I've used it before and it's worked for my purposes so far. I have also used it's much more nitrated cousin NC cotton as well favoring it's flammability.

Max,

The "dry" NC you buy from Firefox is guncotton and is shipped "wet" with alcohol. The instrument NCL you buy has lots of other stuff that is not so good for pyro and in my experiences, blocks the fire. I found pingpong balls to be a better source for NC like lacquer then instrument NC but the Firefox stuff is the best I have found commercially.