• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pyroguy1960

• Algenco

• dagabu

• Mumbles

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may want to call up ACE pyro and find out how much they'd want. $90, plus shipping. They're pretty big, it wouldn't surprise me if it'd have to go freight. If this is the case, it'd probably be cheapest to find some place locally, even a shooting company, and pick it up in person.

http://www.acepyro.com/Shop/Equipment.aspx#guns

As mumbles said, a display company, prefferably a large one would be best. The larger the company the more likely they are to have bigger guns sitting around. I would assume now would be a good time as they will be replacing/replugging this past seasons tubes for next season.

I think that's the same company as fireartcorp, I could be mistaken though....same website same prices though...just different branding, look like sister companies...

I wish there was someone locally, I live in the northeast so fireworks manufacturers are hard to come by around here, certainly aren't any in my state. I think there are a few licensed display operators though, I'll have to poke around in the yellow pages. Edited by jms04081974

Fireart was purchased by the now president of PGI and owner of ACE Pyro, Aaron Enzer, they are located in different states.

again, not in my area, nearest club is hundreds of miles away, I'm in the smallest and most unfreindly pyro state :(

Have you talked to the New Hampshire Pyrotechnics Assoc, Northern Lights Pyros Club, or looked into where the Mid-Atlantic Fireworks Festival is held? Those are three options you may have. You have to be willing to do a little driving, I have gone nearly 200 miles one way just to get to a shoot held in my own state. I doubt you'll have to go even that far. It's worth it.

Have you talked to the New Hampshire Pyrotechnics Assoc, Northern Lights Pyros Club, or looked into where the Mid-Atlantic Fireworks Festival is held? Those are three options you may have. You have to be willing to do a little driving, I have gone nearly 200 miles one way just to get to a shoot held in my own state. I doubt you'll have to go even that far. It's worth it.

200 miles to the closest shoot for me too

200 miles to the closest shoot for me too

You're in Kentucky and you can't find a shoot closer than 200 miles with bluegrass, crackerjacks, Missouri Pyrotechnics, or the Ohio Pyrotechnic Arts Guild? You're covered on all sides. Do you guys not know about the clubs page on the PGI website? http://www.pgi.org/fireworks-clubs.aspx

Make some phone calls, send some emails. Join a club, if only to gain some political influence. If you don't join a club you're just a lone pyro with no power whatsoever to help your hobby stay legal. As part of a club you can coordinate with the other members to engage politically, and it helps to show you're not just some lone nut when you call your local reps supporting fireworks. Were it not for MPAG in Michigan, we would now have some very scary fireworks laws on the books, and many more residents would have become felons unjustly. Being part of a club email list or forum is also helpful to keep you informed of new regulation so you're not taken by surprise when the cops show up to enforce a law you didn't know existed.

Of course, the primary benefits are to shoot fireworks, share ideas, and make friends and contacts with other pyros. Everything else is gravy.

You're in Kentucky and you can't find a shoot closer than 200 miles with bluegrass, crackerjacks, Missouri Pyrotechnics, or the Ohio Pyrotechnic Arts Guild? You're covered on all sides. Do you guys not know about the clubs page on the PGI website? http://www.pgi.org/f...orks-clubs.aspx

Make some phone calls, send some emails. Join a club, if only to gain some political influence. If you don't join a club you're just a lone pyro with no power whatsoever to help your hobby stay legal. As part of a club you can coordinate with the other members to engage politically, and it helps to show you're not just some lone nut when you call your local reps supporting fireworks. Were it not for MPAG in Michigan, we would now have some very scary fireworks laws on the books, and many more residents would have become felons unjustly. Being part of a club email list or forum is also helpful to keep you informed of new regulation so you're not taken by surprise when the cops show up to enforce a law you didn't know existed.

Of course, the primary benefits are to shoot fireworks, share ideas, and make friends and contacts with other pyros. Everything else is gravy.

I'm 30 miles from Tenn, 35 miles west of I-75, I've been to 2 BG shoots, both in So Indiana, as are the majority of thier shoots

I'm 170 miles south of Cincinnati, I guess I'm in the dead zone, a long way from everyone :)

The plus side is I live 5 miles form Lake Cumberland, one of the most beautiful Lakes in the U.S.

I think I'll just buy the HDPE 12 inch gun, I like the solid plugs built into the fiberglass mortars, but does it really make a difference? Are the HDPE ones just as good?

For the fiberglass one yeah, seems ridiculous no? The HDPE one from pyro direct is only 33 bucks for delivery, can't believe that the fiberglass one weighs that much more than the HDPE one.

It should weigh significantly less actually. The plug alone in an HDPE gun probably weighs more than the fiberglass gun.

So what's the verdict on that other question, fiberglass or HDPE is either better than the other?

I prefer HDPE, it's nicer to work with. Doesn't get fiberglass on your hands as the gun ages. I also believe that the plugs in HDPE guns are actually less likely to blow than fiberglass, despite the fiberglass gun being all one piece. It seems to me that the resin used on fiberglass guns isn't the same quality as the ultra high strength epoxy that you would typically pick up in the states for use with fiberglass. I'm sure it doesn't help that the guns are spiral wound as well. The downsides of HDPE are the weight, and the gun can become warped into having an oval bore if left on its side with the sun beating on it, or in large temperature swings as may happen in a shed in the summer.