APC Forum

Any body else get e-mails from HarryGilliam@skylighter.com

handymanherb

Yep. And if he/they continue to sell with no restrictions, I will bet anyone on this list $100 they'll be busted within 3 years.

NO company has been able to sell as openly and indiscriminately as the one you mention for very long.

I was an active participant in helping Firefox defend itself. We raised an donated about $70,000 from Skylighter customers to Firefox's legal fund. We also contracted with Ken & Bonnie Kosanke to test all the aluminums then being sold by Firefox and Skylighter to determine which were even capable of being used in flash, and what the particle shape, size, coating, etc. was that "defined" flash-grade aluminum. Surprisingly most of them could not be made to go bang.

Likewise, I also have all the pertinent Firefox court documents (public info), including a 4-inch thick box of copies of their violative invoices. And while Firefox shipped lot of orders that Firefox consisting of (perc, blackhead, tubes, plugs and fuse--ONLY) I think the number of shipments which will be used against the company you're referring to will absolutely dwarf the Firefox orders. I predict jail on this one vs. fines and injunctions due to the number of such orders, and huge quantities.

Thanks for clarifying. It is what it is I guess.

Also, those are some incredible numbers on the monetary amount of flash chemicals turned down per month.

Well I can tell you this.If not for Harry & his Turbo Pyro kit, I would not be in this hobby.I was looking threw

the net, trying to find how to make my own BP for my muzzle loader guns.

I found Harrys site & the rest is history.When I saw this turbo pyro deal I thought that would be fun.Was

it a little $, yea but it' gave me all the basics to go on from there.

Harrys site has so many pyro tec plans for free, I feel I have more than got my moneys worth.Name another

company that has offered the teaching & helped pyros as Skylighter.

My hats off to you Harry my man!

Fly:whistle:

Not worded exactly like that. We have a buncha filters on the web site to stop the sales of M80 and banger supplies. Keeps us in business, and Feds outa our (and your) hair. If your order gets refused, and you're NOT intending to make boomers, just let us know. We make exceptions.

Edited by getnany

Here's refusal email, came 1 week after ordering...

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately we are declining it.

Your order and/or your purchasing history suggests that the materials

you intended to purchase may be used to make explosive devices (ie: M80s

or ground salutes). The manufacture of such items is prohibited by both

Federal law and the laws of all 50 states, unless you are licensed for

manufacturing high explosives by either your state and/or the BATFE.

In addition the US Consumer Products Safety Commission regulations

expressly prohibit us from selling you the components or kits intended

to be used in making prohibited devices such as M80s. For more

information, see:

http://www.fireworksfoundation.org/actions.aspx

Accordingly, we are refusing to fill your most recent order, until and

unless you send us a copy of your current BATFE High Explosives

Manufacturing license or your state's equivalent. If you would like to

discuss this or if you believe we are in error, please feel free to call

me.

Harry Gilliam

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Skylighter, Inc.

PO Box 480

Round Hill, VA 20142-0480

The think I really miss is the monthly newsletters. I used to read and reread them and dream of making the stuff that Ned and others were writing about, now I feel lost and very rarely go to the site at all.

Here's refusal email, came 1 week after ordering...

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately we are declining it.

I have to say, skylighter has quality down, as every chemical come is a pre labled container and the chemicals are all pure and such...

I do have one thing to say though... If your going to go for service and quality over price, service needs to be picked up, my order wasn't shipped until a week after ordering, where most companys (even those with good prices) will ship the next day. And in the example above, gatneny didn't even know his order wasn't going through until a week after he put the order in.

Thanks for hearing me.

Considering that I ordered sponge Ti and Flitter Al three months ago and they still have not arrived, I would say a week after a big sale is just fine. I also have tooling that grant was supposed to send me 13 months ago that has never shown up...

Just sayin

I placed an order with another large seller that sat on the webserver for a week.

When I contacted them to ask why it hadn't shipped they didn't know the order had been placed!

I got my Flitter Al today tongue2.gif

I've always had pretty good luck with skylighter. Even after some of the huge 50% off sales, my order still usually shipped within 3 or 4 business days.

Although I have not ordered from Harry in a long time, due to my not building anything for the last two years, I too have had nothing but good experience with Skylighter.

Is he the cheapest? No, and he's the first to admit it.

Does he provide good service and good chemicals? Hell yes, no question about it.

And his association with Ned Gorski is a very good thing!

Funny on my post above about how hard BP was to find & how I got into this hobby from making

my own BP, Harrys new e-mail is about the same.

Go get them Harry, I hope maybe I gave you a new avenue of idea.Guys like Harry are what this

nation is all about.

Fly:D

Fly,

Are you saying that you gave Harry the idea to publish that?

you know that's a possibility, I'm sure Harry is always on the lookout for marketing ideas wink2.gif

he lied, I gave Harry the idea. I get all my chems free from skylighter for that reason!

Sike!laugh2.gif

Just got a e-mail and they were talking about this great deal on a ball mill for $80.00

https://www.skylight...ll/checkout.asp

I thought I've seen that some where and checked Harbor Freight and they had it for 50.00

https://www.skylight...ll/checkout.asp

I'm losing faith there trying to get us the best price on anything!!!

Get weekly emails from Harry....used them several times but find them too pricey. Many other sources out there more reasonable...especially on chemicals and tubes.

• 3 weeks later...
jesus christ, that really is disheartening... 90 bucks? 125? that thing isnt worth more than 30 bucks. wow.

Example: I got in on a convolute tube bulk buy last week, 100-3/4" and 100-1" for $250.00 delivered, 10 tubes from Skylighter would cost me $38.00 shipped.

$1.25 each v.s. $6.33 each.

Yes, he is expensive but for someone just starting out, Harry does a wonderful job putting kits together and getting people like Ned Gorski to illustrate the way they work. Once you are an experienced builder, you can find the deals and the people that sell the stuff cheaper and then as I did last year, you can even buy factory direct and resell items yourself.