APC Forum

Mumbles hurt in accident!

dagabu

Just an update.

I got out of the hospital last night. I am freezing, but doing well.

Yay! I'm glad things are going well!

Sounds like you need a fire to warm you up wink2.gif

Edited by Updup

I got out of the hospital last night. I am freezing, but doing well.

Great news. I mean the out of hospital, not the freezing part... :lol:

Heal well and speedily!

It's nice to hear that. Wishing you and your family best wishes and a speedy recovery!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, just got back from afghanland, searched apcforum.com and this thread was the first hit!!!!! Kinda shocking, mumbles of all people.. just proves that it happens to the best and most cautious of us all... best of wishes to mumbles on a speedy recovery.....

• 2 weeks later...
Wow I live just across the state. A bunch of us remember hearing about this. Best wishes and I hope all is well now.

Mumbles, I'v been busy as @£%& and not had a chance to check the forums as much as I do, but I'm glad your back posting as you do! Best wishes to you and your family

• 3 months later...
Wow Chris I didn't even know about this. Can't believe Jim didn't call and tell me. I hope you are recovering well.

Yeah, I didn't know who all found out and who didn't really. I figured you may have heard it through the grapevine.

I started back up with school in Chicago, and am getting back into the swing of things.

• 1 month later...

Yikes... this made me clean up my work bench and shop....

Hope the healing process was swift and now complete.

What?!?! I didn't hear about any of this..... bare in mine I haven't been here in forever. Well glad to hear you're recovering man. That sucks...

Been a while Mumbles

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I wish you the best and I hope you were able to clobber all of your finals none the less. Get better and let this never happen again!

• 1 month later...
Like many others, apparently, I haven't been here in forever. Very shocking, I am glad you are recovering well Chris. Best wishes to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I've read this thead before but not sure if I posted back then?

Anyway, sorry to hear this sad news. It always hurts to read a fellow pyro got injured :(

Still 6-12 months is no fun. Hope you'll heal well & fast!

I've had some accidents myself (one minor burn & one exploding coffee grinder) and it does make you think again about safety.

Good luck & best wishes Mumbles!

• 1 year later...

I'm alive. I still am wearing a compression sleeve and glove for scar reduction, though hopefully that will not be for so long. I am doing well though. I'm doing graduate school in Chemistry. Anyone who has experienced it can comment if it's better or worse than hell.

I think I will be at the Sunday show for PGI. If anyone wants to meet up send me a PM.

• 11 months later...
Has mumbles ever been able to tell what happened, its stories like this (plus the other member who was hurt this summer) that make me question my sanity.

It's unlikely that accident victims will want to tell all -they may not even remember all, especially if there could still be local persecution or prosecution possible.

Has mumbles ever been able to tell what happened, its stories like this (plus the other member who was hurt this summer) that make me question my sanity.

If your a member here Your Sanity is already in question.....................Pat :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's unlikely that accident victims will want to tell all -they may not even remember all, especially if there could still be local persecution or prosecution possible.

Here, here!

Dave,

It's good to see you posting messages again.

You must be getting tired of sitting around waiting to heal up. (If it was that easy)

Hopefully your days are getting easier to deal with compared to a few months ago.

If you have some time, maybe you could write a book on pyrotechnics.