APC Forum

Who's going to PGI?

NightHawkInLight

I would have passed on the whole shebang had I known the issues we would face. Grand display is tonight...... hopefully :(

Anyone care to explain what's going on there? For us, who are out of the loop.

Anyone care to explain what's going on there? For us, who are out of the loop.

rain, rain, flooding, lots of product destroyed, mosquito's so thick you couldn't see 100yds is what I've heard

usual bickering & bs when you have a lg group

The mosquitoes were only bad if you didn't know what to expect.

Hopefully some pictures will come out, but there was some bad flooding. I heard something on the order of $95,000 in lost product. One of the magazines (shipping containers) actually floated away. They were able to save most of the product in the magazines, it's the stuff in the guns that had issues. The display I worked earlier in the week had probably 25% of the product not go off, or be forced to be pulled due to water in the guns, or other moisture related problems. At one point the ground was so wet that pushing one gun in forced others to come up like a giant game of whack-a-mole.

Here's a few photos of the flooding and volunteer effort Wednesday morning. They were originally posted on Passfire by Eric H.

post-52-128187127025_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187127647_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187128286_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187128923_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187130053_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187130722_thumb.jpg

post-52-128187131399_thumb.jpg

Good god. :(

I was really pissed I couldn't go this year.

But now..... not so much.

That really does suck, though.

I learned an interesting fact there with all the flooding. Fiberglass guns are in fact NOT waterproof. I don't know how many shells I saw floating because of this little fact.

rain, rain, flooding, lots of product destroyed, mosquito's so thick you couldn't see 100yds is what I've heard

usual bickering & bs when you have a lg group

Skeeters are just an annoyance when you are from this area. With the correct lotion they don't bother me at all.

As for the rain, it is what it is and you can't predict it weeks or months out.

Now for those of you who chose to stay home you missed out on some really great shows! Some of the shells and rockets I saw were totally amazing, and these were not the competition pieces. The prices in the supply sales tent were OK, nothing special but I got some nice prices on fuse and QM.

Lastly I would like to thank:

"Deet"

Miller Brewing

Franks Pizza Palace

"Hooters"

and the bar in the Raddison

I had a great time and I can't wait till Fargo

Here's a few photos of the flooding and volunteer effort Wednesday morning. They were originally posted on Passfire by Eric H.

Wow! Did anyone notice if there was room to park the storage trailers above that water line? I bet next year they'll find a way. I'm sorry guys. I guess the mosquitoes really made out. All those people to eat and even less people super heating the air. Bummer. But hey, hope you're making the best.

SCF- No, we are not coming back to Appleton until 2014 if at all. There is no room above the flood line for trailers, they have to have distances established.

They look kinda floppy....I was expecting better from you. No oatmeal cookies for youtongue2.gif

Puleeze. I used one of the shells to jack my car up and change a tire on the way to Appleton.

Anyway, here are most of the rest of the in process pics. I didn't get any of the ones where I was packing or loading in the inserts unfortunately. When you're in the zone, you're in the zone. I have one final pic I am trying to get off of my phone of the finished 6" shell next to the competition mortar.

http://www.amateurpy...struction-pics/

Now that you've seen the shells, not a single pair preformed correctly both times. I shattered the comets on one of the spider breaks. The 4th insert, and 2nd break didn't light on one of the drawouts, and the 6" mysteriously split apart in the gun lighting all of the spolettes but not letting fire into any of the open holes at the bottom of the breaks. They were all very pretty though and scored very well despite the failures. Good enough to score some points for the club.