APC Forum

Chinese firing system

TrueBluePyro

We have the 12 cue, w/12 receivers MadeinCHN, you have to learn the receivers to go off with what buttons, you can set all of them on one number, or any combo.

We had one bad receiver this year so we fired the last 11 shots of the show with the remote and I done the first 13 with a nail board I hard wired with telephone wire, tied the negative to a 9 volt battery and to fire one I touched the positive to the nail head tied to the cake.

Worked great only had one fail the fire, not bad for the first year at making my own e-matches

Edited by handymanherb

How are you making the e-matches. I've been curious how homemade e-matches went with commercial systems.

This year we ordered the blanks and the dip kit from skylighter's, I didn't mind the cost of the blanks, but 58 bucks for the small dip kit which will do maybe a 100 matches, is just flash you mix and thin for dipping.

We waited to late to order the chemicals from Skylighter's as they turn down the first order of flash materials, I don't know if they would have done that since I ordered the blanks and my age, but we waited to late to take a chance.

Earlier this year I will order the blanks again from who ever has the best price and order flash chems and use PVC glue to thin as I read, guys using glue, says it burns a little longer.

Unless you guys tell me a better mix to use and I hope to have at least a few shells made for this years show

Edited by handymanherb

I think dark flash is pretty popular as an e-match comp. 1:1 potassium chlorate:antimony trisulfide. It is understandable that some don't like working with it. A BP layer over the top usually throws enough sparks around. I'll see if I can find the one people were talking about last year. They said it shot a ball of sparks at least as large as a softball.

G.S- 7/1/2010 10:51 AM I use bridgeless dipped e-matches that I make, and they light so easy they scare me sometimes.

Nothing fancy.

Kclo3-7

Conductive lamp black-1

Antimony sulfide-1

Bind with NC

Then dip again with some hot prime/NC

I keep a 1 to 1 mix of the lamp blk and antimony on hand and just add two parts [after wetting with NC/acetone] to seven Kclo3

Works for me,

G.

Mum, This is the one I used this past month and it seems to work very well as both a bridgeless pyrogen and a standard pyrogen, just drop the lamp black.

Edited by dagabu