APC Forum

Don't consent to the search!

Skycastlefish

As Jesse Ventura says, “you can’t legislate stupidity.” I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I hope these folks weren’t giving us a bad name. :huh:

I just found an article about it, the claim is that they bought something bigger than unlicensed people can get a hold of (like an aerial salute or something), and threw it at someone's house.

Here is a link to a discussion on it (with a link inside that links to an article on it):

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/472102891

EDIT: Here's another site that puts a different spin on it:

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article...ison_time_fines

Edited by scarbelly

I just found an article about it, the claim is that they bought something bigger than unlicensed people can get a hold of (like an aerial salute or something), and threw it at someone's house.

Here is a link to a discussion on it (with a link inside that links to an article on it):

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/472102891

Gotta love it...

"bomb was detonated, Johnstone said."

Detonated? Sigh.

"The devices had been modified so they would explode more quickly, Johnstone said. Typically, the devices would be shot into the air from a steel tube and would need several seconds to reach a safe height to explode."

What...they lit the time fuse? Sheesh..they ARE dumb then I guess.

"In one case, a three-foot hole was blown out of a steel trash bin, he said."

Well, they got a 5 foot opening. And it prolly knocked out the rusty bottom.

Yes, I'm bitter.

I wouldn't fret too much about it, I seriously doubt they'll get much time if at all in prison. They person whose property they threw it at apparently is not upset at all, so that will likely help their case.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I always thought it would be awesome to live in Australia because I love reptiles, and lets face it, Australians are usually really damn nice. But I can't bring myself to even entertain the thought because the US caters to my "outside the box" hobbies. My philosophy is if a government doesn't allow a citizen to walk into a store and walk home with a gun, then that government has no respect for its people. Looks like I won't be moving Europe anytime soon either.

government cant get rid of the reptiles post-9596-1257479919_thumb.jpg

but actually on topic i think we need to approach a senator or MP and have a talk with them i mean in a democracy the government is supposed to represent the people and we to are the people

Edited by Ralph

government cant get rid of the reptiles

Believe it or not, some lobbyists have tried to outlaw possession of nearly all reptiles claiming that reptiles carry over 20 communicable diseases. Luckily the courts at work discovered that nearly all of the accusations were false. Why are some people soo scared of corn snakes? There are those that just want to be left alone, and those who won’t leave them alone.

Oh god, Australia is just banning everything and anything. I'm getting really sick of the whole thing, the way we're going I'll be lucky to own a sharp knife for cooking in the future.

Do government officials honestly think that making all these laws and restrictions is going to make the world a better place? It's just going to piss people off to the point where they WANT to break the laws, and would have a hard time taking a shit without breaking a law...

Yeah, Australia suffers the same problem we do: clueless Pinko Liberals on the East coast are running the country, and ruining it in the process.

Dang! If I would have seen this two days ago... I would not have a speeding ticket... :-( Great information! Never realized it was so easy to condemn yourself...

government cant get rid of the reptiles post-9596-1257479919_thumb.jpg

but actually on topic i think we need to approach a senator or MP and have a talk with them i mean in a democracy the government is supposed to represent the people and we to are the people

Sadly 'we the people' died a long time ago.

Governments in their current form only perpetuate the myth that we still live in a democracy. It's a fucking pantomime.

Argh, this is very depressing. Picture an 1890 hardware store...

"Welcome to Bill's hardware and mining supplies"

"Ahh, yeah, I need 3 cases of dynamite, 20 blasting caps, and a roll of fuse. While you're back there, I also need a model 1886 Winchester in .45-70, and a case of cartridges. I need that Smith & Wesson Model 1 revolver as well. And a box of cartridges for it."

"Here ya go. That'll be $96 even."

Sigh.