APC Forum

can't seem to make decent BP

stormyweathers

The forum doesn't allow you to create new threads until you've made at least one post first. You are probably able to now.

Generally green mix won't be good enough (or even the right type of BP) to lift. For lift, you will want granulated powder of some kind, be it wetted and riced or pressed and corned. If you read through the articles of this site, you will very soon have all the answers to your questions, as mine were very basic. There is a bit of work and experimentation involved in making good black powder. As black powder is probably the most essential composition to making fireworks, I would start with getting at least halfway decent BP, not settling for "crappy green powder". If you haven't made fireworks before, I would suggest starting with fountains. They are simple, and pretty rewarding. It gives you a nice lead-in to other fireworks.

Are you on an island that is part of the US? I would advise against purchasing chemicals from ebay. If you're looking for cheap chemicals, check out the suppliers in the supplier review section. You will probably find something to fit your needs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stormyweathers

• dagabu

• Mumbles

• Swede

Okay I see,

I keep a reef aquarium and know usually if it's cheap it's crap.

I live in Hawaii,

technically nothing should be in the air but with it raining 80 inches a year,

nothing being dry here, having fireworks ingrained into society here(think of the Chinese here) and everybody else does aerials that they acquire from I I don't know, I'd like to do a few on new years, at 12 since that's when everybody else does it........

Plus I'm into color not big shells, keeping them to an inch or so in size is what I'll be doing.

I'll look in the review section and read,

fountains sound cool, I just want to make something interesting,

and stay far away from M80 and anything related in that dangerous category.

Is skylighter and canno fuse good for information ?

Is cannon fuse decent for fuse, they seem somewhat cheaper than skylighter.....

Okay enough questions, time to research !

Thanks for the help,

Josh

Is cannon fuse decent for fuse, they seem somewhat cheaper than skylighter.....

I have had nothing but excellent experiences/product from Cannonfuse... FYI

Yes, this guy.

I bought a boatload of willow months ago before I learned that the alder makes BP maybe 98% as good as willow at a much cheaper price. I'll go alder next time. I was going to buy some a while back but I hesitated because I had so much willow to go through.

Making charcoal is cool but it's one of those things where, to me, it's worth buying for the time and work savings.

When you are ready, let me know, Ill split it with you.

D

Okay cool I'm reading the Turbo Pyro PDF

Thanks for the help!

Edited by jm82792