APC Forum

Views on Ground Salutes

Senz

LMAO. Thirteen coils, right?

A few friends and I found a noose hanging from the beams of a school shed a few weeks ago, I guess there are some pretty bad disciplinary problems I don't know about.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mormanman

• Richtee

• Senz

• ST1DinOH

LMAO. Thirteen coils, right?

Same as the number of steps up to the top of the platform ;{)

Ahhh gotta love "gallows humor" <groan!>

That is the ONLY knot not taught in Boy scouts, sir. LOL!

the new ones do not, but i coulda swore my dads old fieldbook had them in there...i'll have to check.

it's sad to see an old boy scout book compared to ones of today...

I haven't heard so many bad puns in years... thanks for the laugh!

Every kid at some point wants to know how to tie a correct hangman's knot. It's like alcohol... just curiosity. You draw the line with both. "Here's the knot. Now, if I see that around anyone's neck, you will see a beserk side of me that you've never seen before. Too many kids die accidentally playing with nooses."

Could I use a gluestick as a container?

Just in case no one pointed this out, plastic doesn't show up on X-rays.

Seriously, I am a newbie and I started off making my own BP. Not flash salutes.

Flash is seriously sensitive and can explode with the tiniest amount of confinement.

Be safe!

I was convinced of the severe punishment that could be handed out by flash-powder when I did a little test with 100 grams in a HDPE mortar. It was a test to see what would happen with the mortar in terms of fragments and such. I didn't know how much should be used so I went with the even number 100 grams, just loose in a pringle can and placed in the mortar. The attached vid speaks for itself I think, imagine having 10 grams go off in your hand:

I've had my fun with the booms from time to time but get much more satisfaction from aerial shells although my father loved the boom! I have always hated working with flash and my stomach turns while mixing it, scares the hell out of me. So my use of flash is very minimal and this time of year with the cold and lack of humidity I make none...period!

Brian