APC Forum

Stupid Question.

Senz

I did not find that message meant in an offensive manner. Since it is in a written, electronic means, it'd be libel anyway.

Based on the original question, I would happen to agree that cavity comets could be out of the scope of the original posters knowledge. This isn't always a bad thing. No one knows everything. I don't consider the statement out of line. Perhaps a bit backhanded, but hardly derogatory.

Seriously, whats up with the rant? Myself and Sidewinder are here to keep things in order. If you have a problem, you can contact one of us. We hold a bit more pull around here.

I do agree that cavity comets, or married comets would be the best way to go about this. Blue will be one of the more difficult colors, but I've seen fine purple headed compositions, so it can be done.

I do agree that cavity comets, or married comets would be the best way to go about this.

Yes I thought the same, but incoorperating them in one composition would make things a lot easyer.

but that is beyond the scope of BurningRNX I think

I had some ideas about using the composition in another way than rolled stars (I believe that was in the scope of Miech), but indeed I am not that much experienced in pyro. ;)

I did not find that message meant in an offensive manner. Since it is in a written, electronic means, it'd be libel anyway.

Based on the original question, I would happen to agree that cavity comets could be out of the scope of the original posters knowledge. This isn't always a bad thing. No one knows everything. I don't consider the statement out of line. Perhaps a bit backhanded, but hardly derogatory.

Seriously, whats up with the rant? Myself and Sidewinder are here to keep things in order. If you have a problem, you can contact one of us. We hold a bit more pull around here.

I do agree that cavity comets, or married comets would be the best way to go about this. Blue will be one of the more difficult colors, but I've seen fine purple headed compositions, so it can be done.

Technically it’s not slander, that does not excuse it and with want for a better term, i think it was very inappropriate to say in front of thousands of people that it is ”“beyond his scope i think“ (which is just guess work)”,, if you make a statement as such in public it should be qualified… I would be offended if somebody wrote “ I think it’s beyond his ability, and would have prefered a subtle Pm,

My apologise to admin,,I didn’t think it was necessary as I am old enough, big enough and ugly enough to state my opinion without the necessity for help from others,( well I thought so ) I realise the need for moderators as I am aware these forums can degenerate to a pig slopping abuse pit if unchecked ( hence my refence to Ralf ), and I also think that moderators should be just that, “Moderators Moderating” and not principals akin to a totalitarian regime, I appreciate you probably did start APC, and it is Your site, it is a very informative site and if you did then that is great and my hat goes off to you , but at some stage as this grows, there cannot be just the 2 of you , Mumbles and sidewinder, as dictators whom suppress our human urge to right a wrong by having to get your approval first or having to whinge in your ear, for you to decide whether it insults our integrity. without the fear of being told off like chlidren at school , ( and I will add , I finished form 6 in 1979) after all, it is a public forum and I assume with freedom of speech ?

( no insult is intended with the reference to totalitarian dictators )

I think it would have been handled better if the reply was……… “ in my opinion you would be wasting your blue composition adding titanium to create a tail ,as it will wash out your colour, I would suggest trying a cavity comet, married comet or a changing relay, if you don’t know what or how then research it.

Quote, [ what was wrong with his rant ]

In a nut shell, I cannot and will not sit idly by and wait for others to act when I see some individuals use snickering remarks about others that don’t seem to be up to the same speed as them and offer a snide comment instead of the help that individual is asking for.

Miech, when I read your post it seemed to me that you were talking about RNX like he wasn’t even there, and meant nothing other than a dumb f**k in the coarse of the conversation that he actually started, it infuriated me as if it was just wanton arrogance on your part, I don’t apologise for my actions regarding your initial post, but upon reading your reply I think I could have handled it more civilised and apologise for that,

You're making a big deal out of nothing. Miech came and explained himself. The member in question is new, and as such will generally be assumed to be a newbie until he proves himself otherwise. Cavity comets require special tooling, and a somewhat moderate to advanced understanding of pyrotechnics to be aware of them. It was a reasonable conclusion to come to.

Not everyone here speaks perfect english, even as a first or second language, and as such things may not come off exactly as intended, which I feel in the case in Miech's original post.

As far as free speech, yes we have it here. This does not include abusive behavior, racism, post whoring, etc.