APC Forum

Ribs

Richtee

Warezwally: I use some Jamaica me Crazy seasoning on my jerky.. the marinade is basically chicken/beef broth, oyster sauce (not that kikkoman crap!) and some soy sauce. I put onion powder and garlic powder in the marinade too, maybe a dash of smoke flavor. If I'm ambitious I use fresh onion and garlic and cook the marinade before I use it.

I've found the meat will taste almost exactly the same strength as the marinade, I always make it to taste before adding the meat.

Why not! 55102. LMK the damages and I'll consider it. :D

Cured ribs. Oh man... Mmmmmm.... either way is delicious.

Well, shipped ground would get them there in 2 days for like 15 dollars. Next day air is like 50, so the hell with that. I'd trust 'em cured to ship ground and be OK... so like 25-30 for a slab. Bout what a resto would charge eh? it'll be a little while before I do ribs again, you understand but I'll let you know if you are interested. Prolly a couple weeks.

And we fixed the Avs wagons for ya last night Woo!

You know what we need here guys; and official jerky competition. I personally hereby volunteer my services as judge. Anyone wanting to participate send a lb. of jerky to me and I'll be glad to judge, fairly and impartially, the merits of each, and post complete and through results here in this thread. I sacrifice because I love.....(jerky).

I can shove a beer can (filled with water of course) up a chicken's back side and, after several beers and the feathers burn away, it tastes just like ribs! Other than that my brother makes the ribs :D

But for a fair and balanced competition you would need to have more than one judge. I say we make it a tribunal and you send some to me and the sidewinder as well.

I live in Texas so the beef here tends to be very good... I enjoy it alot... Bad thing is that I love seafood... Give me a tub of crab legs and I wont move for an hour!

Oh... and Go STARS (=

Longtime Stars fan... Madano can only get better with age... I miss Belfour though =/

Trying..... not.... to.... kill........ Argh! You stole our North Stars! :D LOL.

Norm Greed doesn't dare show his face locally to this day. Too many people still lined up with pitchforks and oil torches. They recently had a locally-made program about the North Stars' departure, and the anger still runs surprisingly deep, sort of like the Colts fans still feel, after "their" team slinked out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Norm didn't even have the decency to be ashamed about it, and waltzed the team out in broad daylight. He should have knows better than to piss off a bunch of Scandinavians. But at least we have the Wild now, and they have promise though still young.

Yeah, Texas beef is damned good, no question. We get some specialty beef here, too, like grass-fed. Very distinct difference, and very good. But the price is horrible. I was lucky enough to visit someone last year in Montana who had a close friend that raises grass-fed Scottish Highlanders (the hippie cows!), and he served me 2 meals of steak. Oh man, I almost didn't come home. ;)

Jerky competition? I've never made any but that would certainly be a good reason to try to.

As for the stars, I hate to burst your bubble, but if they somehow manage to get out of this round, they won't get much further.

Well, shipped ground would get them there in 2 days for like 15 dollars. Next day air is like 50, so the hell with that. I'd trust 'em cured to ship ground and be OK... so like 25-30 for a slab. Bout what a resto would charge eh? it'll be a little while before I do ribs again, you understand but I'll let you know if you are interested. Prolly a couple weeks.

And we fixed the Avs wagons for ya last night  Woo!

Ouch. Overnight is definitely out. But...

hmmm.... 25-30 for a full slab, smoked and delivered?

That I can handle. Let me know via PM when you're going to do it. I can PayPal you or send a check, your choice. If they're half as good as they look in your opening picture, they'll be worth it.

Smoke them, then pack them in that delicious sauce you mentioned! *drool* I can taste the ambrosia now. :D

And I'm glad someone fixed the Av's wagon. Arrogant bastards. ;)

M

• 3 weeks later...
Cured ribs. Oh man... Mmmmmm.... either way is delicious.

OK Side... I'm back on a rib binge.... St Looie cuts are running 12 a slab. Aforementioned shipping... I would say I could get ya a rack for Monday but the holiday messes that up. But say yeah, and first part of next week I'll ship one out.

Got done with work early...was home at 11 prepping spares. R'sR with a mustard base... yes the second place ribs from Eagle :{) Ah well... LOL

Anyway here's the shot at first mop.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/14312585265.jpg

I took the skirt meat and de'gristled the tips... rubbed, filled with string cheese and sinched 'er up with cotton string ... the rest is the hunks of backbone/etc. I like to toss these in a pot of kraut with a beer...yummy! And I guess the other is basically a non-ground fatty?

Mop is Bourbon <DUH!> cider vinegar, Smitty's, CBP, a bit of brown sugar and butter.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/14312585288.jpg

You got it!

Smoke me a rack, drench them in that wonderful sauce, then send them. PM me with the tracking number.

How and when do you want payment?

(Check PayPal, Money Order.... up to you.)

TS

• 2 months later...

This thread deserves a followup!

Now, it's debatable who or what is the King Of Beers but the one brand that claims to be, most certainly isn't. ;) We have quite a few brewers among our Members who could put them to shame.

However, in my mind we also have as a member here "The King Of Ribs".

Richtee went out of his way to ship me a rack of barbecued ribs from the last batch he made. I got them yesterday afternoon. The price I paid was a bargain.

They were smoke-cured and barbecued with a dry rub. I reheated them slowly, giving them a good splash of white wine (French Colombard) to make sure I didn't dry them out as they heated. I would have used a good beer if I had had any on hand, but the wine did the trick very nicely.

Now, I've had some pretty good ribs in my life. Where I live we're fortunate to have some top-notch "Rib Joints", ranging from dry-barbecued to sloppy-wet barbecued.

The ribs I ate last night top everything I've ever had before in my life. PERIOD.

I gave one rib to my neighbor, who gobbled it down at her front door, and said the same thing after getting her composure back. So this isn't just MY opinion. :D

Way to go, and thanks again, Rich!

Anyone else have recipes or methods they haven't yet shared? Post away!!

This thread deserves a followup!

Way to go, and thanks again, Rich!

Anyone else have recipes or methods they haven't yet shared? Post away!!

:blush:

Thank you again for the kind words... and yes...sometimes even pyros take time out to eat. Hmm could a hot dog be cooked if set close to a pile of thermite?

Food..good..be nice to see other's ideas and stuff!

Sidewinder, it just so happens we picked up ribs to cook tommorrow.

Lets just say my wifes recipe includes fresh halepenos'

I'll send you a PM

Thanks for the offer, LF. I answered ya.

Wish I didn't already have plans. :(

A rain check to September would be good!

TS