APC Forum

Ribs

Richtee

You just made me hungry... I do not like you anymore... haha

You SOB! Damn but that makes me jealous. I'm from Kansas City, and there's no such thing as good BBQ up here in Canada.

You SOB! Damn but that makes me jealous. I'm from Kansas City, and there's no such thing as good BBQ up here in Canada.

Actually, quite a few Canucks belong to a site I'm on: Smokingmeatforums.com. Now as far as joints to go to, dunno, but stop in and ask, eh? :{)

Great, now I gotta go out for lunch. I was all comfy in my bed now I'm hungry and craving ribs. It's hot outside too...

Damn you!

Ribs is my favorite food :D

I can't cook, I got a wife for that and she has me for pyrotechnics. Fair Exchange.

It sure looks good!

Send me some of those ribs or I'll ban your ass!! :D

LMAO..... NICE looking ribs. You made me hungry too!

If I didn't require a packet of napkins and a bucket of warm soppy water to eat ribs then they would be the perfect food.

If I didn't require a packet of napkins and a bucket of warm soppy water to eat ribs then they would be the perfect food.

But Wally, that's half the fun! ;)

So when could I expect the APC cook off I'd love to top those with my own or even my Mid-Atlantic specialties. Your going to have to tell me about those ribs more than just a picture. Any rub? mop? How long did you smoke for? What kind of wood?

So when could I expect the APC cook off I'd love to top those with my own or even my Mid-Atlantic specialties. Your going to have to tell me about those ribs more than just a picture. Any rub? mop? How long did you smoke for? What kind of wood?

St. Looie trimmed spares. Yellow mustard base, custom rub. Smoked over an apple/hickory blend for 3 hours on a Brinkmann Smok-n-pit, Mopped after rub was set with Jim Beam, cider vinegar, cracked black and a bit of butter for a mop. Foiled for 45 min, then put on a Lang at 255 or so for another 45 to build a bit of bark. The sauce was our team's concoction, just enough sweet to make me hate it. Sigh. I'm a vinegar/tart/spicy guy. Turned out to be about right. Had a nice .25 in smoke ring and they had just a bit ot "tug" to them.

This man knows his ribs. I'm a big fan of a nice tart tart sauce but I like the spice to come from a good amount of black pepper in a rub. I myself don't mop save a bit of maybe apple juice if I'm in the mood or am using apple wood (but if that was the case, I'd change a lot of things around. I like a good amount of smokiness so I just usually stick with hickory although I'd like to expiriemnt with some texas mesquite BBQ. I've always wondered if using the barrell used to age whiskey would have any effect on the flavor of the smoke, but I doubt it so I won't waste my money. I made my own smoker since the little one I have is too small for many people. Of course smoking 10 racks of ribs during a manly game of tackle football with the guys was great until the police came and said there was too much smoke. I'm just glad they didn't get the entire fire dept there. The suburbs are a hard place for someone like me.

This man knows his ribs. I'm a big fan of a nice tart tart sauce but I like the spice to come from a good amount of black pepper in a rub. I myself don't mop save a bit of maybe apple juice if I'm in the mood or am using apple wood (but if that was the case, I'd change a lot of things around. I like a good amount of smokiness so I just usually stick with hickory although I'd like to expiriemnt with some texas mesquite BBQ. I've always wondered if using the barrell used to age whiskey would have any effect on the flavor of the smoke, but I doubt it so I won't waste my money. I made my own smoker since the little one I have is too small for many people. Of course smoking 10 racks of ribs during a manly game of tackle football with the guys was great until the police came and said there was too much smoke. I'm just glad they didn't get the entire fire dept there. The suburbs are a hard place for someone like me.

sounds like the cops just wanted some ribs.

a smoker full of ribs draws more people than the johnsonville brats do in that comercial.

I'm billing you both for my now-ruined keyboard.......

And my ban-finger is getting real itchy.... a rib or ten would help calm its nerves, if ya know what I mean? :D

All kidding aside, a cookoff would be a great idea!

If only we lived near enough to one another. *sigh*

M

. Of course smoking 10 racks of ribs during a manly game of tackle football with the guys was great until the police came and said there was too much smoke. I'm just glad they didn't get the entire fire dept there. The suburbs are a hard place for someone like me.

LOL..yeah the neighbors are cool here for the most part.. but I been lobbing some 3's lately...I better bring some goodies down to them for their consideration of my "nasty habits" LOL!

Hmmm We have a saying on the website I frequent you want TBS_ Thin Blue Smoke. Not white clouds... I actually pre-burn my chunks before I use them is my baby Weber Smoky Mountain - the R2D2 lookin' thing. I'll send ya a link..check the place out! Bet you like it!

SMF

I'm billing you both for my now-ruined keyboard.......

And my ban-finger is getting real itchy.... a rib or ten would help calm its nerves, if ya know what I mean? :D

All kidding aside, a cookoff would be a great idea!

If only we lived near enough to one another. *sigh*

M

Where do ya live? For shipping and the cost of a slab I'll do that. As long as it can be there overnight I don't think it'll be a problem. I have a VacPac unit, and can ice 'em... but shipping won't be cheap I'm sure...

I'm in Minnesota, but oh Lord, don't tempt me!!!

My pocketbook is already cringing this Summer. :D

I *DO* appreciate the offer though. Thank you!

Hmmm....

The WPAG meets in Wausau, WI. If you can find an excuse to visit us there on June 7th, I'll be at that meeting. We have several members who are reasonably skilled at barbecue. You'd fit right in. We always welcome visting pyros.

I'm in Minnesota, but oh Lord, don't tempt me!!!

My pocketbook is already cringing this Summer. :D

I *DO* appreciate the offer though. Thank you!

Hmmm....

The WPAG meets in Wausau, WI. If you can find an excuse to visit us there on June 7th, I'll be at that meeting. We have several members who are reasonably skilled at barbecue. You'd fit right in. We always welcome visting pyros.

Well, hell as an exercise give me yer ZIP and I'll see what a couple lbs would be over night. Or I COULD cure them.."hammy ribs" are very good and if it takes 2 days it's not a big deal. Imagine good ham "onna stick" LOL!

And the 7th- I'll be at the annual "Guy's Golf/Drinking/gambling/general debauchery" outing in northern MI. AND hopefully watching the Wings win another cup! Go Wings!

We should have a food thread :D

I've been thinking about making some jerky / biltong.

I hate every single one of you sorry SOBs!!!! I have always been way to lazy to bother making really good meat, I have had alot because people around here are kinda fanatics. As a result of the Pacific northwest not yeilding very good beef we try to get our meat from the midwest, but that jacks up the price so we don't have it very often. On the Lazy-note, I pretty much make sure all the bacteria is dead and then I eat away.

Thanks to you people in this thread I have had people walk by while reading (for the 15th or 16th time) and telling me yo clean off my shirt, no joke! oh well, if maybe I should get off my lazy but and start cooking. If you people start a food thread I am probably going to have to only visit the random section of the forum every week or so. :lol:

Well, hell as an exercise give me yer ZIP and I'll see what a couple lbs would be over night. Or I COULD cure them.."hammy ribs" are very good and if it takes 2 days it's not a big deal. Imagine good ham "onna stick"  LOL!

And the 7th- I'll be at the annual "Guy's Golf/Drinking/gambling/general debauchery" outing in northern MI. AND hopefully watching the Wings win another cup! Go Wings!

Why not! 55102. LMK the damages and I'll consider it. :D

Cured ribs. Oh man... Mmmmmm.... either way is delicious.

Since we got knocked out in the first round (AGAIN! Arrrghhh!), I guess the Wings are as good a team to cheer for as any. ;)

Your party sounds like a good time. Especially that debauchery part.

And RUUUUN,

I know what ya mean about good Midwest Beef. We're lucky to have good choices, but the prices are as bad here as they are there. They know they have us by the short hairs.

TS

I live in Texas so the beef here tends to be very good... I enjoy it alot... Bad thing is that I love seafood... Give me a tub of crab legs and I wont move for an hour!

Oh... and Go STARS (=

Longtime Stars fan... Madano can only get better with age... I miss Belfour though =/