APC Forum

Ebay Chems

LGM

That ebay supplier is likely the same one as the plan kit's. Their pictures and products are the same.

I agree, looks a lot like "plans and kits" Al ad.I have bought from them in the past,(625 mesh) but I have no other Al to compare with... So I can't say much.

I did just order 1Lb of dark Al from Matchmaster, looking forward to receiving it.

Out of curiousity, just what does the plan kit aluminum "suck" for. Are we talking tails, glitters, metallic stars, flash?

Out of curiousity, just what does the plan kit aluminum "suck" for.  Are we talking tails, glitters, metallic stars, flash?

Hey mumbles,

IIRC, I first started using the 5um atomized Al I bought in making AP based go-getters and as a booster in BP endburners (5% or so). I didn't notice a difference in the rockets, but that may be a result of my randomly consistent (or is it consistently random?) techniques of just throwing rockets together (The CATOs should be a giveaway). Anyway, the real difference was in the go-getter thrust...lazy and very noticeable when compared to some that used Skylighter 5um atomized.

I even made some thermite mines...and the supposed 5um was less vigorous than those made with Hawk Mtn's 15-24um Al. I assumed barring contamination or purposeful adulteration with inert fillers, it must have been partially oxidized.