APC Forum

Ebay Chems

LGM

I have noticed some good prices on 10um aluminum powder off Ebay from Projects and Kits Unlimited, as well as other chems from different sellers. I was wondering if anyone here gets chemicals on ebay or from this particular site. Other seller recommendations for would be appreciated.

I am wondering the same question. I am looking to go the next step up from charcoal based stars and into other star comps.

Look at their reputation as well.

Hope someone else can chime in on this...

I am looking at it for the same reasons, garden products only take one so far...

The sellers all seem to have very good feedback.

I ordered KNO3 and Al from them a few times with no problems, but that was over a year ago.IIRC shipping was quick too.

Generally eBay is fine... However they blatently state that they will share all your personal info, past purchases, correspondence, etc with law enforcement agencys if they request it. Generally this isn't so important on a few small chem orders. Especially if the chemicals are not dangerous or used very often for illegal things. However if you are ordering short tubes, high mesh aluminum and KClO4... you might get a knock on your door.

Likewise this is how they catch retarded meth etc cooks.

Regarding Plans and Kits Unlimited specifically...while the transaction was fine the 5µm Al I bought last year was for shit. It appears to be heavily oxidized and performed poorly in compositions. I was not alone...there is some posting traffic both here and rougesci regarding the quality of some of their wares. If you want some, I have 4.8 lbs I'll let go for dirt cheap!

Buyer beware.

I've only dealt with Plan and kits for the purchase of zinc. They may not have it anymore though. It worked just fine for me.

i one time bought pure sodium off of ebay and it was good

threw a half a pound of that stuff in a bucket and there was a smoke cloud like 50-60 ft

but they dont sell it off of ebay n e more

that makes me sad..... :( :( :(

i one time bought pure sodium off of ebay and it was good

threw a half a pound of that stuff in a bucket and there was a smoke cloud like 50-60 ft

but they dont sell it off of ebay n e more

that makes me sad..... :( :( :(

Is it me, or are you really trying to get banned in a record time?

Gabe

I think you typed the wrong address in your browser. What you want is www.totse.com

Yea qwezxc12 is right, I just bought my Al from them and it was shit! I also bought the rest of my chems off of ebay and had no other problems with the rest! I bought Barium Nitrate, Stronium Nitrate, dextrin, Potassium Chlorate, Antimony Trisulfide, and charcoal. The guy that sold the chlorate, also sells potassium chlorate, but not on Ebay for 15.00 shipped total for one pound, but I didnt know if that was legal or not so I didnt buy any! After i realized my Al was crap I bought some from b1dz it was actually really good.

Guest Mark_the_pyro
I know of at least two other threads that deal with this topic, and people need to seriously learn how to UTFSE. Anyways, it is quite apparent how many laws there are that "idiot-proof" many things; and no, not even because something DID happen that was 'bad.' It is probably all hypothetical reasons all this shit is banned in the US; "terrorists can use it," "what if a toddler finds his parent's credit card, and goes on ebay to buy aluminum and kclo4," etc.

Gabe

I think you typed the wrong address in your browser. What you want is www.totse.com

For the 5th time (at the least) the regulars in Totse: Backyard Ballistics know better than that. I should know, I'm one of them. We don't want that shit either so stop sending them our way.

Guest Mark_the_pyro
Sorry Mumbles if you see this as advertising, but seriously, visit Roguesci.org/theforum. It is shit like TOTSE that will get you killed or arrested.

Gabe

I think you typed the wrong address in your browser. What you want is  www.totse.com

For the 5th time (at the least) the regulars in Totse: Backyard Ballistics know better than that. I should know, I'm one of them. We don't want that shit either so stop sending them our way.

I'm sorry, totse is full of k3wls. I doubt much has changed.

I've been posting in TotseBB since 04. It has made me who I am. If you honestly think that APC or RS has less kewls you are blind.

As I have said before I do not speak for totse overall. Yes there is much stupidity overall. I do not speak for the text files, yes, they are retarded as well and tell about 1/4th the retarded thread starters this. I speak for TotseBB alone, and the regulars there-of. Every forum has passing through retards.

End of discussion.

Yes, totse has it's share of intelligent members. Granted, I have encountered my share of morons, but I have here as well.

Warezwally, you have no room to be talking here. I wouldn't exactly consider you in the upper echelon of members here either.

Bayarea, I think a lot has to do with freshness. My indian blackhead is slightly better than 5413 that I have tried. The indian came from a fresh barrel, while the german was likely somewhat air oxidised. The german is somewhat darker, but that does not mean more reactive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-powder-1lb-60...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good stuff, performs a tad better than my eckart 5413 in flash

I really find this hard to swallow, I havent found ANYTHING yet that can beat 5413. B)

I won't say it's *better* than 5413, but I will vouch for Matchmaster's Indian Dark, in any application where you would use GBH, it's indistinguishable so far. I bought a few lb off him a year or so ago, and a bottomshot or aerial salute made with it will loosen your poop. :P

Thats cool- I am expecting my first Al powder from Hawk Mt. today hopefully.

That ebay supplier is likely the same one as the plan kit's. Their pictures and products are the same.