APC Forum

Tubes and Potassium perchlorate

murderskill

Well Ive been into fireworks for a while and it was my choice to move to DC for my new job so I'm fine with it. Besides I get to play with chemical weapons at work :-p haha well not really but I get to try to find ways to destroy them/detect them. I might get back into fireworks sometime...just not while im living in the middle of a large city.

Don't even worry about it. I've bought 110 pound of Perc, and 110 pounds of Al together, no questions asked. It probably wasn't the best idea, but it wasn't in my name, so I am fine. Like I said before, if you are just ordering perc, don't worry about it. It is an extremely useful and versatile chemical. You could buy 20 or 30 pounds, and no one would think anything of it.

One more thing, you can't have it sent to a PO box. It needs a house address. It is shipped ORM-D due to it being classified as hazardous, but not hazardous enough for any real precaution. One of the neccesities of shipping it this way is that it can't be shipped to a PO box.

awesome..thanks for the info..I just get paranoid esp when doing something for the first time..i have never ordered chems off the net..sux i cant have it to po box but who cares..Thanks again..

my record is clean :D

That generally doesn't have much to do with it. It does when something else happens, and your record shows you possesed something. If you had a clean record and a license to possess 30 lbs of C-4, do you think the police wouldn't be knocking on your door if a building was blown up in your area?

my record is clean :D

That generally doesn't have much to do with it. It does when something else happens, and your record shows you possesed something. If you had a clean record and a license to possess 30 lbs of C-4, do you think the police wouldn't be knocking on your door if a building was blown up in your area?

well they said about a bad record..and i said mine was clean..well besides..id just tell them the truth.."wasnt me" sure take me in for questioning..aint got nothing to hide.. -_-

I said that they might check his record to see if he has made or lit,

M-80 type devices or other things in that area. That would have been the only reason I could think of them asking questions about KClO4. This is only based if the chemical supplier can do background checks. If they can't, I would ignore my post and not worry about it.

These chemicals are not illegal. I order them quite often and never have a problem. I buy the chems, go to open shoots, and build all the rockets and shells I want on site. 100% LEGAL! Even flash powder is not that bad of a thing, you can go to a shoot and make some 6 inch salutes to your hearts content, again 100% LEGAL. What you need to be concerned about is doing something stupid with the chems after you get them. Don't burn down your house and follow all the Fed. and state laws. This is a very difficult time for our hobby, so do not do something stupid to give the US government more ammunition to end it. We all have a responsibility to the hobby as well as each other, don't be stupid. By-the-way, you live in PA? Why don't you go to the open shoot next month? I'll be their, it should be a hoot.

Be safe,

Donate to the Fireworksfoundation.com,

Later,

fireworksfoundation.org

So these open shoots are basically a planned event that has a couple of acres of open field reserved for nothing but pyrotechnics? And that it is supervised by a couple people of that are licensed, which make it legal in that designated area? You make in the day, shoot off at night. Sounds cool.

These chemicals are not illegal. I order them quite often and never have a problem. I buy the chems, go to open shoots, and build all the rockets and shells I want on site. 100% LEGAL! Even flash powder is not that bad of a thing, you can go to a shoot and make some 6 inch salutes to your hearts content, again 100% LEGAL. What you need to be concerned about is doing something stupid with the chems after you get them. Don't burn down your house and follow all the Fed. and state laws. This is a very difficult time for our hobby, so do not do something stupid to give the US government more ammunition to end it. We all have a responsibility to the hobby as well as each other, don't be stupid. By-the-way, you live in PA? Why don't you go to the open shoot next month? I'll be their, it should be a hoot.

Be safe,

Donate to the Fireworksfoundation.com,

Later,

Wow thanks alot sounds like fun!!! got the info? depending how far away it is i might go!! :D

• 4 months later...