APC Forum

Black powder recipe and method

Uarbor

Love to see a copy of the auto insurance claim report when you torch your truck. Fer chrissakes, if you think the sun and/or a gentle breeze isn't adequate enough, then fabricate yourself a simple safe drying box. Even a simple cardboard box with a wire/hardware cloth rack and a fan (with or without indirect heat--ceramic, not nichrome, heating element), will do the trick, summer or winter.

Dashboard & truck heater, was it? Yipes. Not worried about your heater core/piping, but you've got a lot of electrical connections behind your dash. Uh, the fan motor... Double yipes.

Truck was not running no defrost, powder was in the sun with windows barely cracked doors locked for safety

Truck was not running no defrost, powder was in the sun with windows barely cracked doors locked for safety

Hey Nitwit. Still stupid. You poured BP down your dash vents and then it blew all over your cab when you turned on the fan. Heat on or off, one spark from your fan motor and you could have given yerself a fresh BP "suntan". Friggin' moron.

Hey Nitwit. Still stupid. You poured BP down your dash vents and then it blew all over your cab when you turned on the fan. Heat on or off, one spark from your fan motor and you could have given yerself a fresh BP "suntan". Friggin' moron.

Take it easy dickhead. I wasn't justifying it just explaining the situation. I came to this form asking questions about how to make black powder and was immediately told to read up there's plenty to read. Well I read about the idea of drying it in the truck on one of these forums. There's no need to get insulting. I guarantee you wouldn't say that to my face.

And yeah I guess that it was stupid. That doesn't make me a moron and once the black powder is in your defrost what choice do you really have?

And yeah I guess that it was stupid. That doesn't make me a moron and once the black powder is in your defrost what choice do you really have?

Well I guess if childish name-calling is what this place is going to be about all I have to say is f*** you suck my f****** dick. If you said something like that to my face I would slap the s*** out of you.

That required two separate posts? There is an edit function. "...what choice...?". Dunno, static guard and a spritz of misted water come to mind. Or a welder's mask. Or...better...via common sense and not requiring too much critical thinking...how about just not drying BP on your dashboard and dropping it into your vents, ffs. You are one of the few to have ever had that misadventure.

There's a lot of very smart folks on this site, but there's also a few dimwits, too. You read about dashboard-drying BP on this site? Well, that was the experiences or bad advice from one of our dimwits. You thought that was a wise suggestion? C'mon. Don't be that guy.

Well I guess if childish name-calling is what this place is going to be about all I have to say is f*** you suck my f****** dick. If you said something like that to my face I would slap the s*** out of you.

Ok, now you decided this required 3 sequential posts? This last one was very informative. Good luck getting any help around here.

Ok, now you decided this required 3 sequential posts? This last one was very informative. Good luck getting any help around here.

yeah you pissed me off all right. I'm not some fifteen-year-old trying to make flash powder. I've been using black powder for over 35 years. Decided to make some for myself. Decided to admit my mistake. I did not think I would get called names for it. I definitely don't want your help. I'm sure you're already reporting me to some moderator somewhere. I must say I pity your wife and children for the constant ridicule and abuse they must take on a daily basis from you. I for one will not take your s*** even if it gets me kicked off here. I don't care if you're the Jesus of the Pyro world which I highly doubt. I'm still not taking your s***

My apologies to any readers who had to endure this exchange between this asshat and myself. Thanks 2 the people who actually tried to help me. Even though bullying and name-calling are almost definitely against the rules of this form I'm sure I will be booted for not taking his crap. And oh my god of course for posting sequentially

I have nothing to say other than the wife and i just laughed for 20 minutes reading this thread....Be careful man and stick around,some smart guys are here and will teach you a lot,others can be a bit difficult but the intentions are good.

I have nothing to say other than the wife and i just laughed for 20 minutes reading this thread....Be careful man and stick around,some smart guys are here and will teach you a lot,others can be a bit difficult but the intentions are good.

I didn't mean it that way,lol I could tell a story or two that would get my balls busted to,trust me

No one is getting booted. SharkWhisperer certainly has a way of getting under other peoples skin.

I will say, I do agree in principle with him. Drying any sort of pyro inside a vehicle that you ever intend to drive or care even the least about is probably not the best idea. Laying your BP on a sheet of paper on a screen, the grass, dirt, concrete, picnic tables, etc. are all about equally effective and substantially easier to clean/repair/replace.

My apologies to any readers who had to endure this exchange between this asshat and myself. Thanks 2 the people who actually tried to help me. Even though bullying and name-calling are almost definitely against the rules of this form I'm sure I will be booted for not taking his crap. And oh my god of course for posting sequentially

No need to apologize. Everyone is aware of what an asshat, the Shitwhisperer is. Nothing new there, if your aware of past posts.

On a more positive side; a very easy way of drying compositions, stars etc. is using a food dehydrator. I picked one up at a resale shop (e.g Good Will) for a couple bucks. Cutting and lining the shelves with fine screening will make it capable of drying granulated BP. The fan motors inside these things are the brushless induction type and the switches are generally the sealed type so all is safe with these things.

• Like 2

No need to apologize. Everyone is aware of what an asshat, the Shitwhisperer is. Nothing new there, if your aware of past posts.

Now now. How'd you sneak past the alarms at the nursing home this time, granny? Scoot along now before you mess yourself again.

• Like 1

Damn...you can’t BUY this shit. :D

• Like 2

Vocabulary and syntax, are excellent indicators, for a person's experience and skill in this hobby. So, obviously, there will be nothing new, coming from his regurgitated name calling.

On a more positive side; a very easy way of drying compositions, stars etc. is using a food dehydrator. I picked one up at a resale shop (e.g Good Will) for a couple bucks. Cutting and lining the shelves with fine screening will make it capable of drying granulated BP. The fan motors inside these things are the brushless induction type and the switches are generally the sealed type so all is safe with these things.

I keep screwing up the quote thing LOL. I already have an old food dehydrator out in my barn somewhere. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not but it was such a sunny day I thought I would try it on my dashboard. Clearly that's a bad idea for numerous reasons. I think I'm going to build another pole building dedicated to Pyro.

It depends on whether it has an exposed heating element or not.

The traditional/safest method, is outdoors screen drying in the shade. Rarely is forced heat drying an actual necessity. Though that doesn't mean it can't be a useful tool, in some circumstances.

Vocabulary and syntax, are excellent indicators, for a person's experience and skill in this hobby. So, obviously, there will be nothing new, coming from his regurgitated name calling.

So is punctuation, including inappropriate overuse of commas :=}

God. Shut up and go build something. If people spent half the time making pyro as they did shit posting they'd all be building exhibition grade shells.