APC Forum

Blue Strobe

kleberrios

Ok, I think I got the message through Google Translate.

That means your micro stars should contain a lot of pores due to the high amount of solvent in the composition when loaded in the star plate, right?

This might be critical for the function and an important piece of information for future work.

Did the micro stars ending up being hard or could they be crushed between thumb and finger?

Thanks!

Ok, I think I got the message through Google Translate.

That means your micro stars should contain a lot of pores due to the high amount of solvent in the composition when loaded in the star plate, right?

This might be critical for the function and an important piece of information for future work.

Did the micro stars ending up being hard or could they be crushed between thumb and finger?

Thanks!

The reason for adding enough methyl ethyl ketone is to dissolve the parlon and make the mixture very uniform. Then I let a little solvent evaporate to make the mixture thicker and easier to manipulate and to make the microstars easily. Once dry they are quite hard and it is not easy to crush them with your fingers

Edited by stibium

I tried this mix and had failure to get ignition ( in flight, after monocopa prime) of the supposed blue strobe. It was more of a irregular burn(( on the ground) , not a strobe per se/ . im sure i missed some critical detail along the way.

I would like to peruse this hunt for a blue strobe.

Edited by pyrojig