APC Forum

Blue Strobe

kleberrios

That's quite nice.

Kleb hello,

We love following your accomplishments. But it has been repeatedly requested that, in the spirit of this forum, that you please share your compositions so that others can enjoy, and learn.

You made perhaps 7-10 demo posts with videos this week, but barely respond to simple questions about your technique.

C'mon, amigo....this site is about sharing with one another

Please provide details of your comps and builds with videos, or they are not very useful to your fellow pyros who enjoy your successes and videos.

Share, please.

Empty sound from kleberrios?

From youtube:

1. NH4ClO4 - 50%, (NH4)2SO4 - 25%, AlMg - 20%, Cu - 5%.

2. NH4ClO4 - 50%, (NH4)2SO4 - 25%, AlMg - 15%, CuAl2 - 10%.

https://youtu.be/odu16aJSXgc

Yeah, complete silence. Deafening. Thanks for sharing Kleb, instead of purely self-serving advertising. You're a wonderful collaborator.

Am guessing the waterproofing is NC binding? I wonder if red gum/PVC + alcohol/acetone binding would be sufficiently waterproof to prevent oxidizer solubilization/loss in wet conditions?

CuAl2? Is that a homemade alloy? Probably. The natural mineral khatyrkite is only found in Russia, I think...

NC is binding. CuAl2 is not from Russia. I've never been there. It is as-received from lab.

About red gum/PVC + alcohol/acetone I don't know.

Those compositions are only for flare. They are windy unstable.

Kleb, you've proven yourself to be a selfish self-serving individual on this site, which is all about sharing.

You have hijacked this site to post your videos, some interesting, but you refuse to share your techniques or comps--which is ALL ABOUT what we do here on this site. So....please begin sharing. You, expectedly, will receive a strongly negative feedback if you continue to use this as a free sales site or a funnel to your YouTube channels. I will lead the brigade if you do not either A) enjoin the amateur pyro family and share, or B: Depart this site (immediately, or I promise I will legally track you and destroy your business, hugely, worldwide, on the web--I'm very competent; just call me lil' Kim, ffs.).

Join the team, please.

This is not your personal advertisement service. Oh, by the way, eu falo português. Yes, some of us speak Portuguese.

Simple request: Share, please

Edited by SharkWhisperer

Sent him a PM saying to share or FO

Asked him for formula and he says how much do I want to pay.

Edited by Davidg1

Wow, amazing.

That's quite nice.

Hello . I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.

Nice one?

What formula did you use?

Hello . I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

Wow, amazing.

Hello . I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

Kleb hello,

We love following your accomplishments. But it has been repeatedly requested that, in the spirit of this forum, that you please share your compositions so that others can enjoy, and learn.

You made perhaps 7-10 demo posts with videos this week, but barely respond to simple questions about your technique.

C'mon, amigo....this site is about sharing with one another

Please provide details of your comps and builds with videos, or they are not very useful to your fellow pyros who enjoy your successes and videos.

Share, please.

Formula please

Hello .This formulation is in the testing phase, and the weights were made by dozens of trial and error and I don't have the weight of the materials.I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

Nice one?

What formula did you use?

This formulation is in the testing phase, and the weights were made by dozens of trial and error and I don't have the weight of the materials. .I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

Yeah, complete silence. Deafening. Thanks for sharing Kleb, instead of purely self-serving advertising. You're a wonderful collaborator.

Am guessing the waterproofing is NC binding? I wonder if red gum/PVC + alcohol/acetone binding would be sufficiently waterproof to prevent oxidizer solubilization/loss in wet conditions?

CuAl2? Is that a homemade alloy? Probably. The natural mineral khatyrkite is only found in Russia, I think...

Hi. .I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

Do you have the components?

I think I preferred the silence.

who is silent consent.

Hello .This formulation is in the testing phase, and the weights were made by dozens of trial and error and I don't have the weight of the materials.I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

This formulation is in the testing phase, and the weights were made by dozens of trial and error and I don't have the weight of the materials. .I don't make fireworks. I only manufacture powdered metals for this. Therefore, I develop small tests with new formulations and effects in small quantities for quality control of the metallic powders that I manufacture. Posts that do not have weights and chemicals are because they were made by trial and error and are under analysis to see if they will react, or degrade. The posts in which I typed the compositions are already established and not susceptible to problems. I have only one composition that is for sale (gold spark flower compositions). The rest I publish the chemicals without problems.But I will not be responsible for problems that may occur.

So Kleb, please go back to every single video you've recently posted, and publish the compositions, and your trial and error methods. Except of course for your gold spark flower compositions.

No pyro is ever going to hold a fellow pyro responsible for "problems that may occur" with comps.

This site is about sharing.

I think kleberrios is sick. Posts are not informative. Admins, please, delete his posts and ban him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No! First we kidnap him, force him to give detailed reports on every single video he's ever made, anywhere, THEN ban him. That will be a fair warning to all who dare not to obey. (stomps foot)

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I was reading an article on blue strobe stars published by Eric McCaskie in Pyrotechnica XV.

I tried one of his formulas using PVC “suspension grade” but did not get blue flashing, however I was successful using parlon instead of PVC.

I made small pumped microstars with this composition:

Ammonium perchlorate 25

Guanidine Nitrate 55

Black copper oxide 5

Atomized copper 0-60 mesh 7.5

Parlon 7.5

Guanidine Nitrate must be ground very fine and the mixture must be very intimate. I had Skylighter's 0-60 mesh atomized copper. I moistened the composition with methyl ethyl ketone to a thick slurry before making the microstars.

https://youtu.be/1t8geXjD7qQ

https://youtu.be/zgTOWeEiVjA

In the first video I burned a microstar and in the second I lit a gerb with many microstars.

post-14817-0-50561200-1597252675_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I suppose that it is not essential for the copper to be atomized, however it should not be excessively fine

Stibium, how did you press the microstars: starplate, press or hand tool?

Did you make the microstars with a very wet mixture and low pressure or in the opposite way?

I'm interested in what density they got after the solvent had evaporated.

• Like 1

Stibium, ¿cómo presionaste las microestrellas: estrella, prensa o herramienta manual?

¿Hiciste las microestrellas con una mezcla muy húmeda y baja presión o al revés?

Me interesa la densidad que obtuvieron después de que el solvente se haya evaporado.

Las microestrellas tienen un diámetro de 3 milímetros y una altura de aproximadamente 3 milímetros.

Hice en casa un starplate adecuado para hacer las microestrellas de ese tamaño.

Aquí adjunto imágenes de las herramientas que construí.

Humedezco la composición con metiletilcetona hasta que tenga una consistencia similar a la mermelada. Dejo que el solvente se evapore un poco y luego presiono la mezcla suave y húmeda con mis dedos hasta que se llenen todos los agujeros.

Luego expulsé las microestrellas. Cuando se secan, son lo suficientemente duros.

post-14817-0-56754500-1597347992_thumb.jpg

post-14817-0-62588900-1597348054_thumb.jpg

post-14817-0-26082400-1597348108_thumb.jpg

post-14817-0-89137700-1597348149_thumb.jpg

Edited by stibium