APC Forum

Idiots!

UKPyromaniac

Hey, just a question; I flamed a guy about making a pi.e b.mb he put it into a microwave and then ran 400ft, anyway, once I am home I will upload the vid.

Oh, and just one thing; I am in the US now; today I was opening a bottle of Canada Dry and I read this notice on the side: "WARNING: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE, WHEN OPENING CAN CAUSE HEALTH INJURY, DO NOT POINT THE CAP TOWARDS PEOPLE AND TO EYES" Ehm, is this normal? I mean paranoia to this point?

Sorry about the off subject

Of course with so many people and so many of them being stupid someone is bound to hurt themselves so to avoid lawsuits MSDS' and whatnot exaggerate the threat of things so when they get hurt the company can say "I told you so" and they are immune from and lawsuits that come from the accident.

I mean look at these MSDS':Water Air Sugar Olive oil

Thats not to say you shouldn't take those sheets seriously! Plenty of the dangers for chemicals they give are VERY REAL. After all no one ever got hurt from being too careful.

Oh, and just one thing; I am in the US now; today I was opening a bottle of Canada Dry and I read this notice on the side: "WARNING: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE, WHEN OPENING CAN CAUSE HEALTH INJURY, DO NOT POINT THE CAP TOWARDS PEOPLE AND TO EYES" Ehm, is this normal? I mean paranoia to this point?

Oh that's nothing. There are warnings on almost *everything* that are SO stupid.

On a can of peanuts: WARNING: CONTAINS NUTS

On electric hair dryer: "Do not use while sleeping"

On a box of rat poison:" WARNING: Has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice"

It goes on and on. Once some moron manages to injure themselves and sues a company they will add warnings about it.

My favorite, on a T-shirt iron-on graphic: "WARNING: Do Not Iron While Wearing Shirt."

There is a book about this phenomenon called "Remove Child Before Folding" (referring to the warning on baby strollers ).

Wow, I am in the airport lounge, and having read those warning, I was just laughphing so hard that evry one was looking at me :D

Hehe, those are the Danish "Karma Cowboys"  :P

But no, he didn't (unfortunately) blew out his teeth, hehe.

No, it is not. They made a similar "stunt", but it was with a much smaller firecracker. Also, judging by these "dudes" accents, they are Americans...

I can't believe that this video was real. Maybe the guy just acted and made it fake. No one can be so stupid. :ph34r:

It's never a good thing to underestimate human stupidity. I am amazed on nearly a daily basis by some of the stuff I read here and things I hear people say at school.

That gave me an idea. I just made two people remove their vids from there youtube files with a unpyro related name.

My idea is to set up a phony user name, send messages to everybody that is into bomb making, scare the hell out of them, and get them to remove the vids.

not a bad idea at all...

something like BATFE field office

send them a pm asking them where they live and who are the people in the video.

that should be enough to get that crap removed.

something should be done about this, it's a serious threat to our hobby to have these jackoffs filming themselfs making bombs.

if a group wanted to tighten down restrictions on anything pyro all they'd have to do is search it on youtube and play 5 or 6 videos...

prime example:

piccalo pete, a harmless/annoying fountian right?

not anymore http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...esnum=0&spell=1

:angry:

ST1, that could also be counted towards stalking, not the safest approach.

ST1, that could also be counted towards stalking, not the safest approach.

yeah i know...but how funny would it be to start an account calling yourself "BATFE field agent dan" or something and sending them a pm acting like you are investigating thier bomb making.

hell you could even post one of thoes ip sniffer gifs that display your pc info...would scare the crap out of a handfull of thoes retards.

i don't mean actually trying to get info to use...just make them think you are a field agent looking to arrest them.

if it doesn't force them to stop, it can at least get them to take thier stupid crap down from the web. we don't need these little jackoffs feeding the CPSC or some other anti-fireworks natzi organisation.

With the Youtube account name, some of them would see though something that obvious, and still, just make indirect threats and suggestions, would make it less likely to get in trouble.

With the Youtube account name, some of them would see though something that obvious, and still, just make indirect threats and suggestions, would make it less likely to get in trouble.

true...

there must be something we can do to at least put a dent in the retardation. it's bad enough kids out there do this...but there are younger and younger kids on the net all the time surfing you tube and i don't think any of us want 9 and 10 year olds learning how to make bombs. FFS there's basicly tutorials on how to make some of this stuff...

just pisses me off

sorry bout the rant.

Agreed! There's an old adage that says:

"Never write when you can speak,

never speak when you can nod,

and never nod when you can wink."

There is just no plausible deniability when the District Attorney has a video of you standing there with your smiling face captured on tape for the jury to see. Perhaps there is an up-side though. Maybe it's a sort of electronic Darwin Award; they're removing their fuck-tard genes from the breeding population while they're doing time in the State home for the criminally stupid located in Folsom Ca. or some such similar institution. You know, it seems to me that almost every law that was ever passed was written to stop a small percentage of the population from doing something so stupid that the rest of us wouldn't even consider doing, but it goes so far as to curtail our freedoms too. Some A-hole shoots a bottle rocket at a school bus and bottle rockets get banned, for example. It's always the few who screw it up for the many.

No kidding.

To bad we can't get all the crazed gunmen and all the crazed bombers to somehow cross paths. It'd solve a lotta problems....

A bomb in NY, when? Sorry, haven't watched the news...

some asshole set off a bomb in front of a recruitment center in times square. if these d-bags want to hol dthier little protest signs up and parrot silly slogans thats fine, but when they start blowing things up i think it crosses the line.

damn hippies