APC Forum

C8 + coarse magnalium

mabuse00

I did some experimentation with large Magnalium.

I added several sizes of MgAl to C8, and found - in this case - roughly spoken the larger the better.
C8 + 10-15% 20-60mesh makes a great effect with long hangtime, the sizzling sound is comparable to W20.

The coarse magnalium creates some kind of delay, most likely due to it's particle size. Some kind of glitter effect.

The Magnalium was homemade by a fellow pyro.

I also tried coarse magnalium in fountains, unfortunately I found it impossible to have magnalium ejected through a nozzle. Convergence makes no difference. No matter how large the particles are, they somehow seem to melt before reaching the nozzle, creating a blob of metal that would rather make the whole fountain blow than passing through. This does not change when very hot BP is used.

The videos are not done very professional, sorry about that, but one can estimate how it looks like.

All stars shown are 12mm pumped.

Edited by mabuse00
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

When I click on the attachments, I get the message:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that![#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Can maybe anyone help me with this? Sorry for posting here, I checked the help documentation and wrote and email to the admin already without results..

I haven't looked at all of them, but i like 20-60 better than 100.

• 1 month later...

hI. What is C8 and W20 please? Thanks a lot...

When I click on the attachments, I get the message:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that![#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Can maybe anyone help me with this? Sorry for posting here, I checked the help documentation and wrote and email to the admin already without results..

I have had this problem before. Sometimes you think you log in, but you really dont.

Must have missed that one. It was because blp didn't have any posts. The not being able to view attachments thing is a side effect of one of our spam prevention measures.

• 5 years later...
I think I just had the same problem. Hopefully it's fixed now.... Awesome site! The tube rolling info caused me to join. I just want to see the machines.

I put 10/50 mesh magnalium in several star formulas and i also like the effect it gives. Has a nice crackle and spark to it.

• 1 year later...
I agree that coarse MgAl gives a nice effect in charcoal stars. Tiger tail or tiger willow with +10-15% 30-60 mesh mgal will give a long lasting sizzling brocade effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I did some experimentation with large Magnalium.

I added several sizes of MgAl to C8, and found - in this case - roughly spoken the larger the better.

C8 + 10-15% 20-60mesh makes a great effect with long hangtime, the sizzling sound is comparable to W20.

The coarse magnalium creates some kind of delay, most likely due to it's particle size. Some kind of glitter effect.

The Magnalium was homemade by a fellow pyro.

I also tried coarse magnalium in fountains, unfortunately I found it impossible to have magnalium ejected through a nozzle. Convergence makes no difference. No matter how large the particles are, they somehow seem to melt before reaching the nozzle, creating a blob of metal that would rather make the whole fountain blow than passing through. This does not change when very hot BP is used.

The videos are not done very professional, sorry about that, but one can estimate how it looks like.

All stars shown are 12mm pumped.

This reminds me of the Vulcan pixie dust willow effect. It's really neat.

I've also seen this quite a bit in Japanese shells

Edited by Edwin