APC Forum

Rocket failure to launch

Leatherlips

+1

Richard Nakka's site was my main resource when I started out making sugar rockets. I wouldn't say it's necessary to "read all the theory" to make a successful rcandy motor. I prefer practical application with a sound knowledge base which includes basic theory.

These are also great references:

http://www.thefintels.com/aer/rocketindex.htm

http://jamesyawn.net/candyrocket/

Also posted on this forum in the last few months:

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/10059-rcandy-not-working-properly/

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/10324-substitute-for-fuse/

There are many threads on this forum regarding rcandy/sugar rockets. Theory is one thing, but you can learn a lot from other people's practical experiences. - Did you ever bother to search here on these forums and do some reading?

yes I do stix but I read most of richard nakka site

+1

Leatherlips, How are you going with this? It might be best to start again with a new batch of fuel.

Cheers.

Well, I did create a new batch starting from scratch, and following the same article as I did the first go round. I then built 3 motors. I tested one the same day I built it, and it flew very well. (Much better than my first attwmpt). Very high, very nice. I tried the second engine a week or so later, and it did just as well. I have one left that i added a 2" ball header to, and I'll give that a go soon.

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I did something wrong. Also, I did make a small batch of hotter fuel, but I didn't try it out. I have one motor made with that, but I expect it to cato. (We'll see).

Thanks again to all that helped me along!

• Like 1

guys what does flow area of grain means

Thanks chand, very happy to respond - finally we make some sense :).

With wheat, "flow area of grain" means that a northerly wind (especially in the southern hemisphere) is advantageous. "Flow of Grain" enables the wheat product to propagate and therefore produce an abundance of wheat heads which can be harvested when ripe.

When finely ground, wheat has amazing properties for use in pyro. The advantage here is obviously "wheat paste" which is used extensively.

Although "flow area of grain" could refer to rice grains. The great Takeo Shimizu when referring to making SGRS said "The parched cake is ground into a fine powder" perhaps the "parched cake" means "flow area of grain" and you have stumbled across something that most have either given up on or not smart enough to comprehend.

Amazing!.. the other option could be ground loser troll paste. Other than that unlikely option... WOW... I'm looking forward to the next installment. Please respond asap.

Cheers.

Well, I did create a new batch starting from scratch, and following the same article as I did the first go round. I then built 3 motors. I tested one the same day I built it, and it flew very well. (Much better than my first attwmpt). Very high, very nice. I tried the second engine a week or so later, and it did just as well. I have one left that i added a 2" ball header to, and I'll give that a go soon.

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but I did something wrong. Also, I did make a small batch of hotter fuel, but I didn't try it out. I have one motor made with that, but I expect it to cato. (We'll see).

Thanks again to all that helped me along!

That sounds good Lips - Good to see you're still there experimenting. Don't worry about if that batch of fuel was botched. We start again, move on and learn.

I've done much worse. I'm currently trying to work out if I screwed up a sugar rocket mix that I made almost 3yrs ago - or longevity is an issue.

[EDIT] Unfortunate about the dickhead troll :P

Cheers.

Edited by stix