APC Forum

Ikea case formers

schroedinger

oops..

mikee is in this thread already. I'm sure he will tell ya..

Edited by calebkessinger

Price depends on what you want for a tool, basic all around shop tool or a show piece to display.

If you have the time and some basic tools a basic tool can be easily fabricated to make do.

A lathe makes it a lot easier to make one of these tools and drill the flash bag holes and vents.

Another way to make a former is to use a 1lb rocket tube and roll craft paper around one end of the

tube until you attain the correct diameter secure the end of the craft paper with glue or tape. When

you finally get a wood former you can salvage the paper you rolled on the tube for a former to build

shells with.

Edited by mikeee

You can use a soda can for a former until you can afford one of mikee's wonders.

I use pvc pipe. with turns of paper to bring it up to size.. hot glued a disc on the end and bam!!! cheap and easy...

I WILL have a shelf full of MIKE's formers some day!!!! :)

Thanks guys , i have been using soda cans and PVC pipe but its gotten to the point where i would like to use something different, and i have a wood shop but no lathe but mikeee has led me to the path i needed so ill post some pictures when my former is done :)

You also could just cut out some wood discs. Mount them on a pipe with some space between same and fix some 1-2 mm aluminium or brass to it.