APC Forum

Adapting a 15mm Tool for 15,1mm tubes

dangerousamateur

I've got a little problem here.

I have a 15mm rocket tool and a large stash of 15,1mm tubes.

The 15,1mm tubes work very well on the 15mm tool, only they do not sit very tightly on the tool, what is annoying. The rammers play is still ok.

Now it seems simple but I havent found a proper solution to enlarge the collar from 15mm to 15,1mm.

Tape sucks. I was thinking of some kind of lacquer or something...

Do you have an idea?

And:

How long do your locket tools last usually?

I have 350 tubes - maybe i get an extra tool extra for these tubes...

If your spindle is made from aluminium (Pyrogarage) then it will get easily damaged and therefore it won't last a long time. The spindle should be made from stainless steel or brass. Because the spindle base is a little smaller than ID of the tube, the core isn't always in the center of the tube. If you use my aluminium tube support, the spindle will always be perpendicular and in the center of the tube, because the tube support lays flat to the rocket tool base.

The spindle is steel fortunately. Made by a fellow pyro with lathe acces :)

But I dont want to torture it.

So you say a tube support will solve the problem?

Your support works like the one from Wolter right?

That's right and also it's a lot cheaper. The tube support will eliminate the offcenter spindle problem. To big fuel increment's can also make your spindle go offcenter.

Also did you see neds tutorial about making 1/2 " id bp motors? If not have a look, in the first part (preparation video) he explanes how he uses a centering guide made of gummed tape. This should solve your problem.

I think about it, thank you.

Schroedinger, could you post a link to the video? I cant find the particular place.

But I would still like to enlarge my collar a bit. Do you guys have an idea for that?