• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 nater

nater

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  • Interests:Good coffee, mountain biking, snow skiing, and pyro.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I am here and my campsite it all set up. Work commitments, family needs and chores at home meant I did not have time to finish the projects I started for the shoot. So no building or shooting on site for me, but a much, much needed relaxing weekend.
Proud member of HPA

"We show women love on Valentines Day, and they let us blow stuff up on the Fourth of July." - Homer Simpson

#22 Dean411

Dean411

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hey Nater thanks for having us MPAG guys out at your shoot, I think we all had a blast out there.
and it was nice meeting a few guys from the forum as well Mumbles its nice to be able to put a face with a name.

Nater if you could pass along a thank you to Jim M. for allowing me to use his guns to fire my shells Saturday.

Dean
Batfe Licensed
PGII Certified Display Operator
Member of the Michigan Pyrotechnic Arts Guild

Dean

#23 nater

nater

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  • Interests:Good coffee, mountain biking, snow skiing, and pyro.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

You guys from MPAG are welcome any time.  Those 12s with the rising effects fired during the member made show were spectacular, the perfect way to close that show.

Mumbles, it was nice to formally meet you as well. 

I regret that work prevented me from getting everything I had planned built. I was able to build a few rockets and a couple small lampare on site.  I fired a short whistle rocket with a 4" smoke heading.  The tube was short and I was concerned there was not enough delay above the core.  The

other concern was these smoke star's tendency to blow up instead of smoke. Both concerns were valid, and the shell turned into a salute about 15 feet in the air.  Unfortunately due to the weather I was not able to fire a 3" rocket with a 6"  blue shell with silver glitter pistil and the lampare.

Here is the storm which rolled in Saturday afternoon:

20140920_171907.jpg

Friday we enjoyed an excellent show put on by the "Huntington Hillbillies" and open shooting on the B and C lines.  

The rain and wind were intense, but the shows on Saturday night went on with minimal issues.  We enjoyed a day time smoke and noise show, a mascleta, member made showcase, a short show with a large amount of product made by two members and followed by a short display donated by Johnny Rockets Fireworks.  Open shooting was supposed to resume for 2 hours, but was rained out by another storm. 

I want to extend a big thank you to all the volunteers who donated time and product to make this event possible.  We had people attend from Missouri and Nebraska to New York.  Without the support of everyone who came out and enjoyed themselves, these shoots would not happen. It was a great time and I hope it grows more next year!!

Proud member of HPA

"We show women love on Valentines Day, and they let us blow stuff up on the Fourth of July." - Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users