APC Forum

What should You use for burst powder

gun410

I've been looking online and I've seen people us BP rice hulls and flsh I'm wondering witch one is better for a newbie

The most common burst in black powder in one form or another. Ball shells use BP coated onto some sort of media generally, like rice hulls, cotton seed, cork bits, etc. Cylinder shells use granulated BP. Some smaller ball shells also use granulated BP. There are a few other compositions that are used, but I'd suggest starting with BP.

It's rare for flash to be used ever on it's own as a burst. When you get your construction technique down, it can be used to boost the burst a little, but I'd start with just BP if I were you.

The most common burst in black powder in one form or another. Ball shells use BP coated onto some sort of media generally, like rice hulls, cotton seed, cork bits, etc. Cylinder shells use granulated BP. Some smaller ball shells also use granulated BP. There are a few other compositions that are used, but I'd suggest starting with BP.

It's rare for flash to be used ever on it's own as a burst. When you get your construction technique down, it can be used to boost the burst a little, but I'd start with just BP if I were you.

Thanks