APC Forum

Tiny white stars

db5086

I hope this is in the right place. On the 4th I shot a small cake I bought retail. One of the effects was a comment that burst into tiny white flowers that were really nice and were spread out in multiple directions. Can someone identify this effect and what the small white stars are called.

No. When the comet broke it threw out smaller stars that shattered into what looks like tiny delicate white flowers. The cassettes are pretty but the effect is not the same. The cake was an alamo brand and for some reason ghost rider comes to mind

To me the device itself sounds like a bombette. You can see what one looks like here: http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/7747-13-shot-cake/

Is that kind of what you were talking about? Rising tail to basically a small shell break? Obviously with white stars instead of green. His bombettes have a lot longer rising tail than I'm used to, but it's one of the better videos I was able to find in a quick search.

These are dragon eggs. Dragon flowers tend to be similar, but a little more "fluffy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjT9u4yo61M

Thank you all for the replies. Mumbles, in the screen after your video there is a cake called fire er up. The end of that video shows something very very much as to what I was referring to. The only difference is the gold coloring inlu of white.

Yes, I think Dragon Flower is the term/ name of the effect your searching for.

YES. Dragon Flowers. I think the effect is awesome and really want to make some of these but I'm not to crazy about the dichromate. Going to attempt them. Thanks for helping. Oh,any subs for the dichromate or should I ask at comps.

The trick with dichromate is to wear a respirator, long sleeve shirt, nitrile gloves, mix outside and dont breathe the dust. It sounds really scary but in reality, it can be used relatively safely.

• Like 1

Thanks for the safety advice, Dave. I like this effect too. Where is the "recipe"?

-- Paravani

The dichromate is only used in the prime. Most hot perchlorate based primes should work great on the dragon eggs. You might want to look into pinball prime or something similar.

That sounds like a crossette. Like this?

hey dag..!

thanks for this crossette clip. :)

I am going to try this soon.