APC Forum

Whats going on with Ben Smith from firesmithtools?

jl88

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on Ben Smith. Is he away or something like that?

The reason I ask is that in having ANOTHER less than stellar transaction with him at the moment. Long story cut short I ordered several tools of him over 3 months ago. To my knowledge he still has not sent them. In the last email I received from him a week ago he said "everything is finished up and heading out to you" however would provide no tracking number. He is ignoring all phone calls and emails however fireworking says he had bern active recently. This order runs out to 800 usd.

The 2nd last order I placed with Ben took about 4 months to arrive and after several apologies, delays and excuses the tools came. But some of them were not correct.

So does anyone know a way to contact him that he may respond to? Has anyone else had any trouble or is it just the fact I'm in Australia and can't go and knock on his door to see what's going on? Thanks.

I think some of it has to do with delays getting g it to Australia. I'll check on fireworking

I know he recently moved to a new shop and has been setting up CNC equipment.

Personally, I have only had great experiences with my purchases from him. Even a custom request came in a few weeks.

Yeah he did give me that excuse for the delay on the last order. It's definitely not the postman because when he lodges the items, the tracking becomes active and it only takes 1-2 weeks from then. Look when I have spoken to him he is great, and he offered to throw in a 3/8" star plate for the delay which is excellent. But it's just one false promises dispatch date after another. I just wondered if everything was okay with him. Also PayPal won't refund a claim this old so I'm getting worried. Edited by jl88

Naw, don't worry, pyro tooling is notorious at times, I'll shoot him a call tonight. Ben is a very good guy, give him 24 hours more.

Thanks heaps dagabu. I have tried to call several times but I just got his message bank. Thanks again.

Lets see what happens, my experience is that there is always a communication issue to blame. Nobody turns a deaf ear unless there is bad blood.

Hey dagabu. Thanks for calling him. He just sent me an email saying he will send me the tracking number in the morning. We will see what happens.

I just got a message back from Ben, he is working on the beginning of last week. Expect to hear back from him soon. Wolters shut down this time of year to prep for PGI, Ben was open making and filling orders, that sometimes delays things longer than he would like.

He did run into some issues after moving to his new shop, I had a few things that took awhile to arrive as well. But as always, it arrived... and in pristine condition.

I like Ben and his tooling, and will continue to do business with him.