APC Forum

4" FARFALLE TO REPORT

VikingPyrotechnics

Very Cool, I'm going to check out making the Farfalle inserts, quite interesting ! nice mix with the white Farfalle and the red center. The break was angled great for the camera, how did you manage that without a rocket?

Even out of focus, it still looked great VP.

man you got that one dialled in so nice now vp usually i try to critique your stuff but with the two rows of farfalles the reports all being that tiny bit out was a good thing in my opinion

stars burnt out at the perfect time in my opinion

this one was gorgeous loved it any memory on how much the shell weighed { i.e. would your 1lb motors would lift it fine } id assume they would have no problem lifting it

well done man

That shell was amaizing, nice timing on farfalle and stars. Are you using 10mm ID x 50mm tubes for farfalle inserts? What mesh is your titanium?

Thank you guys :)

@ lee

thanks for the kind words.... The shell weighed exactly 600 gramms. For lift i used 48 gramms of BP. My 1lb Motors can lift this shell. But i think not high enough. 2 motors would do the job, i think :)

@Zmuro

yes i used 10mm ID x 5 cm tubes for the farfalle....the titanium is 18-40 mesh sponge.

I'm with VikingPyrotechnics on this one. I've found that you need the fast base fuel to get a good spray. Using something slower might work if you just wanted a charcoal spray. You might be able to slow the mix down a little from straight meal, but I wouldn't go all the way to C6 or C8.

How does someone learn how to do that? Thats is very cool! Did you learn from this forum or a book or what?

Read books, and try a lot of yourself. And what has always helped me, images. Pictures sometimes say more than a thousand words. And if some information were not in the book, or you it was not clear from the pictures, helped me forums. BUT, the best way to learn is : learn by doing. (But first make always good information about the required mixtures and possible safety precautions) :)
  • Like 1