APC Forum

Bucket Star Screens

TYRONEEZEKIEL

I saw this on fireworking and just had to share it here as I know a couple of other guys had similar problems as I did with being gypped by mumpyro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHlrv6KH8Q

Edited by TYRONEEZEKIEL
  • Like 2

It is indeed a nice tutorial, though I'm guessing he's not on the board for occupational health and safety at his work!

"Let me just take this jigsaw and cut between my hands and knee here..."

• Like 2

After having a ten pound wood billet kick back on a table saw last week-end and hit me in the chest.

Using a jigsaw between the hand and knee looks pretty safe.

In another decade or two OSHA will have us all wearing a full body bubble suit and all cutting blades will be made of rubber. :-)

Since they end up with a hole in the center of the bucket bottom, you could screw it to a flat surface to support the bucket

while you use the jagsaw to cut around the circumference of the bucket.

So I decided to make some of these bad boys. Check em out! They weren't as perfect as I would like, but they work just as good as mums screens would.

post-9447-0-17109000-1395443016_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those were CNC cut. Cut Notso Carefully which will work well I'll bet. I bet they will work really well for the money you spent. I have a set of Mum's screens but curious about how long it took you.

The 10 screens took me a day. I could probably do it much faster my second time around.

So I decided to make some of these bad boys. Check em out! They weren't as perfect as I would like, but they work just as good as mums screens would.

Very nice! I'm jealous. I'l be making some of these this summer when I can get more buckets and after I make a star roller. :) Thanks Tyroneezekiel!

Thanks :D I think I may sell some sets if the interest is there. I really enjoyed making them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks :D I think I may sell some sets if the interest is there. I really enjoyed making them.

Very nice job!