APC Forum

Rocket Press

shouldnoteatindat

i am considering making my self a rocket press. and i am wanting to know what you guys think of a modified hand power log splitter.

What i would do is weld a steel plate on the blade and it would b done. that simple, but is it to simple?

would this work? it is 10 ton splitter

post-18780-0-78985200-1390242198_thumb.jpg

Edited by shouldnoteatindat
  • Like 1

Actually, you might just be able to take off the blade and put it on backwards and press against the flat side. It might take a little reinforcing and modifying, but several people have modded log splitters for presses. It's more the fact that it's foot activated and you'd have to be really close to the press to operate it that would make me worried for anything involving rockets.

You can see some photos of one way to modify it here: It's the 2nd or 3rd thing down.

yes, i see what you saying what about if it was hand power via levers then i could install some form of a blast shield between my body and the thing i was pressing

It's been awhile since I've used a log splitter, but I remember thinking those things moved at a decent pace. Unless you could prevent "over doing" it, I'd feel uncomfortable with it.

I know they've been used though, so there must be a work around. Hell, if you get a giant one, you could even tow it behind your vehicle. :D

Should be easy enough to modify it for a remote control, i guess. What pressure can something like that generate?

Also, Mumbles, i assume you linked, or posted pictures... Cant see it... And the signature you got needs an update.

B!

i would not use one with a engine it would be hand powered so it would be hard to do anything more than i wanted to.

my father already has a big one that can be towed behind a truck but im not using a 8 hp engine to drive a piston into a pricey set of tooling