APC Forum

Low Buck Measures

Blackthumb

Made a new set of scoops/measures...cheap and effective.

Used threaded 1/4" aluminum rod for handles...1/4" wood dowel would work just as well w/hot glue...

I mark my mortar tubes with the proper color of tape for the right charge for that sized shell...quick and easy...

post-10839-0-45908900-1389812319_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that's a neat idea.

Do you use them for scooping star chems or other individual chems? I just use a stainless steel ladle from Wal-Mart for that and wipe down between chemicals.

At one point, I made some increment measures for loading rockets and gerbs from extra lengths of tubes. I cut the tubes so they were 1 ID long and glued a cap on one end. I then glued a stick to the bottom made out of some bamboo skewers and reinforced the entire scoop with pasted paper. These scoops gave increments that were about 1/2" ID when pressed. The same thing can be accomplished with plumbings caps or spent brass after shooting with handles soldered on.

So did i understand you right, you are using these cups for volumetric filling of your lift cups (or if there is no lift cup, you straight drop it into the mortar)?

So you are saving on the weighting work?

Yes and the lift cup/wrap stage, fine if you don't need to transport.

Dan.

No problems with different shells weights overl7fting charcoal star shells or underlifting high metall (or zink) star shells?