APC Forum

Please read

shouldnoteatindat

ok, so i have a few questions. First i just got some airfloat and it says it can self ignite true/ safety bs?

also precaution with powder aluminum whats gotta be done to be safe?

third what about nitrate/al reaction how to avoide this? thanks in advance

You really are impatient. Not a good attribute in this hobby. You just started a thread on the second two in the last few days, as well as sending several members the same question via pm.

You're also more likely to get a thorough response if you demonstrate you've done some research on your own.

You really are impatient. Not a good attribute in this hobby. You just started a thread on the second two in the last few days, as well as sending several members the same question via pm.

You're also more likely to get a thorough response if you demonstrate you've done some research on your

well, im not trying to be inpatient i just want alot of opinions and i have done loads of research but idk how that is relevant to my question and also you may remove the older posts if you feel the question is redundant

Bringing up this impatiens reminds me of a good ol' story .

So it was the end of june and i was making some simple white stars ( you know the ones that use bright AL ,) and pumping and rolling stars weren't an option for me back than.So i made a 150g batch of these cut white stars, i set them out to dry for a while in the sun, i came back about 2hrs later and they where still wet , after that i waited another hour , AND.......nothing :( , they were still wet , so impatiently i decided to grab the stars , put them in a pot and put it on low heat , they did something weird , they melted, than they just sat there, so i pulled up a chair to watch it , while grabbing the chair, i heard something that sound like a rocket engine. (In my head i was going , OH $^!t !!!!!! ) rushing back in their i notice a flame shooting up and catching THE ROOF ON FIRE !!! The smoke filled the house heavily and the smoke alarms were annoying as hell ( Explaining why i took the batteries out of them xD ) i rush and try to put out the fire , but as fast as it lit , it burnt out, opening all the windows in the house to vent the smoke ( you couldn't see much there was so much smoke ) i walk out side, and i see smoke pouring out of the house , a neighbor comes up to me and asks "Are you alright man!!" i was thinking at the time "Oooh please dont tell me you called the cops?! "........ well no copes showed up or firetrucks .But when my mom came home to a house that smells like sulfur, and just the smell of fire she starts to question "What The hell happened, What where you burning ?!!! , so quickly i told her what happened , she told me that i was luck the house didn't catch fire.

Moral of the story is , Be PATIENT , and THINK about what your gonna do before you do it. I now bring no source of heat near any of my stuff ,I have MORE than one fire extinguisher ( I have a CO2 and dry powder extinguisher , both i got from industrial plants that work on car parts and other metal parts ) i own a hotplate and dont do any of my building in the house of even near the house. its done in a shed, and my newly built magazine is is put into a different shed ( Its one of those plastic rubber maid sheds ) and both are locked with pad locks ( the ones you see on storage units ). Saftey is on my mind all the time and i never let my guard down.

ok, so i have a few questions. First i just got some airfloat and it says it can self ignite true/ safety bs?

also precaution with powder aluminum whats gotta be done to be safe?

third what about nitrate/al reaction how to avoide this? thanks in advance

Nothings impossible.......

With the AL ware a Dust mask ( i learned my lesson with working with both dark and bright with out one and its not healthy for your lungs at all )

Do NOT mill the AL, wear gloves or you will look like the tin man :P. I gave you a head start now start searching the site and you will find your answers

Check Here - http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/2732-aluminium-powder/?hl=aluminium