APC Forum

My First 3 inch Cylinder Shell

Shizznt

This is my first cylinder shell, and I think it worked pretty well for my first one.

I used 3/8 rolled veline red stars and black powder for burst. I didn't use a booster in it.

Nice burst for BP. Would more spiking give better symmetry?

Man, those veline reds looked kinda washed out. Other than that, the shell was pretty good.

I don't know if more spiking would help the symmetry but it might. Isn't it hard to get perfect breaks with cylinder shells? I don't know if it would be as easy as ball shells.

I think it was the camera that made it look washed out, because in my last video it made all the stars a little washed out.

I guess I just need a better camera, but right now I don't have the money.

I don't know if more spiking would help the symmetry but it might. Isn't it hard to get perfect breaks with cylinder shells? I don't know if it would be as easy as ball shells.

That's what I would think and even with a perfect spike, if the shell is on it's side when it breaks, it may not look as good as it could. Ball shells should be easier with BP break.

Looked good to me too. Symmetry comes with practice. I'm always a big proponent of not worrying about the stars until you have the performance working. Gorgeous stars don't make a terrible break any more appealing.

Thanks, Mumbles, I think your right. I should work on the performance of the break and then I can work on my stars. Glad you liked it.

It had some nice pop to it, I always like to see that from straight BP broken shells. I'd be happy with it!