• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:i am here to learn australia makes it hard to have a community of pyros starting out with no where to turn other than the internet to source any literature please you pros put in so much time for us amateurs already but any help or hints id be grateful for your time

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

there is times i comment on photos, the little amounts of times some one has commented on mine i have realised there is no notifications, that it has taken place 

is it possible to make it so when someone comments we get notified of it, would make it easier to get feed back on other peoples construction methods when we are unsure of their pics 

cheers admin 

Edited by leedrill, 04 December 2013 - 07:27 AM.

• dwheadstone likes this
and on the seventh day, god was unhappy with the break on his finale shell, and decided to roll stars all day.

#2 psyco_1322

psyco_1322

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

I do agree that is kinda a annoying issue.

Some people think I'm sane, but they're crazy too.

#3 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:i am here to learn australia makes it hard to have a community of pyros starting out with no where to turn other than the internet to source any literature please you pros put in so much time for us amateurs already but any help or hints id be grateful for your time

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

i have no real abilities with computers really, let alone things like c++ but i figure it cant be too hard. I get notified when someone adds me as a friend but not when they comment id expect it to be similar i hope this can be done easily and im not bringing something up that some one has already gotten frustrated trying to do 

and on the seventh day, god was unhappy with the break on his finale shell, and decided to roll stars all day.

#4 Maserface

Maserface

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

-facebook-

:P

#5 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

haha apc friend face 

#6 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,331 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'll look into it more thoroughly, and perhaps TheSidewinder has a fix, but a preliminary search was not promising.  This seems to be a feature that a lot of people are requesting to be implemented into the forum software by the developers.  You'd think if you can be notified when you get private messages or replies are posted to a topic, that this would be easy.  Alas, it does not appear to be so, at least from our end.

As a rather inconvenient work around, it seems you can choose to "follow" to your own photos, and then you'll be notified when comments are made.  I wish there was an automatic way to do this.

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#7 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

can i follow a whole gallery or just one photo and my computer illiteracies win again i cant figure out the follow thing

#8 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,331 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

One photo at a time as far as I can tell.  Very inconvenient I'm aware. 

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#9 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

cool cheers mumbles hope someone finds a solution in the future 

#10 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Unfortunately, the commenting notification system needs a complete overhaul.

That particular feature should be included and working in the upcoming version 4 of IP.Board, due out in early 2014.

It's admittedly a PITA to do so, but "following" your image is the only way to be notified at this time.

program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#11 leedrill

leedrill

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

thanks sidewinder i can deal with it for now but hope it gets sorted out in the future the site setup is so good im just surprised it has not been done already 

apc is an amazingly well setup site and i thank all whom are involved with the program writing 

id like to ask though is the main program written by the same person who wrote the uk pc site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users