APC Forum

HDPE Supply

LambentPyro

Does one know where the cheapest place to obtain DR17 HDPE pipe that can be cut to length and shipped without having to buy in bulk?

Mortar Rack is pretty expensive, they want nearly $60 for just 6 mortars and some plugs I was also going to get.

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics

Check with a plumbing wholesaler, irrigation contractor or well driller.

The larger sized piping is used by industrials and municipalities.

Most of the contractors that install the big stuff are the excavating companies with the equipment

to install the piping in the ground.

What do you have against fiberglass? What sizes are you looking for??

Dont have a source for it, and it seems more expensive anyway, and not as strong.

I get mine from a plumbing supply company the pipe comes in 40 ft lenghts I have them deliver it

Link please?

• Like 1

Lambent, I have both fiberglass and hdpe, I personally love fiberglass, but i don't think it's as good for mass reloading but it's light and they look good ;) . What sizes are you looking for, and in racks or not ?

lambent I live in maine I don't think they would ship it all over the country. just call around someone in your area must sell some if they don't they will know someone who does

lambent I live in maine I don't think they would ship it all over the country. just call around someone in your area must sell some if they don't they will know someone who does

I'm here in NJ, so not too far away.

Good idea, thanks!

Depending on how much you wanta buy the closest ISCO to you (depending on where in NJ you are) would be Horseheads NY. Which is in the vicinity of Elmira NY. If your getting alot it may be cheaper to drive there and trailer some back rather than deal with shipping?

My experience from across the pond is that the plug costs money so what looks like cheap pipe isn'r cheap when it's properly plugged. So I bought some paper mortars and some GRP mortars all ready plugged.

The advantage with (HD)PE tubes is their gentle mode of failure, so just occasionally I test something out of a HDPE tube