APC Forum

New Ball MIll Motor

fredjr

I'd say so! You gonna use a silo for a mill jar? ;)

I couldn't even think of a method to separate the BP from a jar that fits that size motor. Edited by LambentPyrotechnics

Looks like a great find, but i'm more interested in where you got the tiny mountain dew. I have a sister that is nuts about dollhouses, and she's always looking for new additions to make it more... Realistic.

BTW, why are there tiny lifting rings on the engi.... Oh...

;- )

B!

I once made a large PVC mill jar 12" id x 36" long but with media was just too heavy, so it sits unused. The pictured motor Is 500 HP 3 phase 480. So the mill jar it could turn would need a crane...

Edited by fredjr

well, with an appropriately sized mill container filled to capacity, that would take on hell of a lot of work to make a bunker that could hope to mitigate a mishap!

DAS

or think of it this way with an extravagant system of long rods some pillow blocks and a few belts you could turn about 130 000 6lb jars with comp but id have to say if your turn around was every 4 hours good luck changing them all in that time hahaha

• 1 month later...

I have a similar sized motor too. ;)

But i have no idea where to put it . :D

or think of it this way with an extravagant system of long rods some pillow blocks and a few belts you could turn about 130 000 6lb jars with comp but id have to say if your turn around was every 4 hours good luck changing them all in that time hahaha

That would be a lot of belts to replace!

I am just picturing a tunnel of long rods with hundreds of jars on each. Rofl

And 40 cheap laborers all struggling to screen media and refill jars hahaha

And not that many belts if the rods are a mile long haha

Well I do know someone who had a plastic 200l drum on his mill, half full of ceramic media and he had 30Kg of good powder every two hours.

and heres a slightly used jar for it :P

http://orepro.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Ball_mill_gyradisc_008.98181617_std.JPG

When I first typed in ball mill into google, it came up with loads of Chinese company trying to sell me gold mining equipment!

why would you possibly want a motor that big? do you plan to mill in a 55 gallon drum? That would really suck if it blew well you were milling i would hear it form my house :)

LOL, Post was a joke guys. That is replacement motor for exhasut blower on paint oven in automotive plant where I work. It's actually not even close to the biggest motor I work with. We have air compressors where the motors are the size of a short school bus, run on 3 phase 14.2KV and have their own substation.

What... You mean to tell us your not going to be the new dominant provider of BP world wide? Crap, i was SOO expecting a discount.

B!

• Like 1

Hahahaha I like that mr b

That's beastly Fredjr! A small school bus! Largest one I've seen in person is a swimming pool pump. I think it was 100hp. Enormous blue monster!