APC Forum

2- 4" Shells

chemtech89

First is TT to green, made with pine cone charcoal. Second is a TT based streamer to green; made with commercial air-float and evergreen pine, ti sponge, spherical ti, and feti at various mesh sizes. My camera doesn't pic up the colors well especially in the second one. Boosted 2g of slow flash per shell and 8% of shells weight for lift using balsa BP.

chemtech: I think you have reason to be proud on your yourself, nice shells! I liked the change on the first one best, it was pretty snappy.

The sound quality on your cam is good, I like the deep bassy sound of the liftoff, it adds to the overal experience.

Thanks for sharing, please keep it up.

best

fred

• Like 1

Agreed, definitely something to be proud of. Looked like nice breaks, no discernible equator, and a snappy colour change. Are you using a dark relay?

WB

Thanks for the nice comments! No dark relay was used and I didn't even screen this batch. I don't have screens larger than 4 mesh. I just took my time and am honeing in on my rolling technique.

The north east corner of the break on the first shell looked a little flat. I'm thinking my past job has to be the culprit. I'm using 4 layers of 70# recycled kraft, 3 strip methods so 8 total. It doesn't lay down great just because of the weight of the paper and being 1" thick strips. All things considered my pasting doesn't look bad but its doesn't have a burnished shin to it like I've seen on some shells but again I'm not expecting that with my paper. Haven't found a practical virgin source yet.

• 2 weeks later...