APC Forum

My "debut shell", 5,5" double petal

nt8

nt8: Well done, I like it a lot.

Next time try screening your stars, overall symmetry and timing will improve some more. Personally I like to add some Ti to TT , this brightens the streamer up a bit, but this is a personal preference. Up your booster a bit, and try pasting

an extra pass around the rim, this will also help with a more round look of your flower.

But these are details, I can see you are already skilled in making DP's and priming effectively, so please understand that my words are meant as constructive criticism.

Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

best

fred

Wonderful , how big was the IP? 3"?

Did you use a custom mortar and hemi's?

What collor formula's did you use?

Starsize? booster? :)

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement!

Fredhappy, i will take your advice,and thanks for lot! The constructive criticism is always good and necessary, if somebody like to develop!

Therefore share here my video, that more qualified people give me advice :)

burningRNX: thanks!

Yes the IP shell was 3"

Our amateur firewoks club use the 5'5 inch caliber, we shot it 140mm KPE mortar.

The hemi was handmade.

Outer star was TT to Hardt 6 blue, inner star was my own purple (or purplish magenta).

In the video it seems magenta, but the real color is in this video, the 1st some stars and the changing stars in the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=curHkq3BEpI .

The booster was 8g 70/30, but this is few.

Edited by nt8

Nice purple, I don't see many people developping new formula, Its a interesting part of the hobby for sure.

The purple in the IP shifted to magenta because of the TT background probably, and the camera mixing them up.

Fast burning TT is something I try to circumvent with a percentage slow willow composition mixed in or using a layer of it as kinda delay, altough it could affect the timing a bit that way I think.

Just TT is a ideal background for a collor IP.

• 3 months later...

This is my 1st shell int this caliber. I'm roughly satisfied with it, it was nearly like I planned it.

But the TT is little bit fast, the stars are not exactly the same size and the burst could have been greater :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXipIY2eCg

Well done.!!

appreciate you.

• 2 weeks later...