APC Forum

What can I do with a 15mm endburner?

Flaky123

Hello,

What are the applications of a 15mm endburner? Maybe small girandola or small salute rockets? Or could I get like a 2" ballshell up in the sky?

How much can it lift? Because last time I wanted to lift a 75g dummy with a 15mm endburner and it was stuck on the ground and didn't want to fly :(. (I Stuck the Rocket slightly in the ground... but before the test I stuck a 10mm whistle in the ground and it lifted.)

And another question how should a 19mm nozzleless bp rocket be fused like a whistle rocket?

Thanks

Edited by Flaky123

I did some 15x100mm Endburners and I had good performance with 100g takeoff weight.

Motor + stick about 50-55g...

That is with good charcoal and ballmilled fuel.

You may be getting away pushing a 2" ball shell if your motor is very well tuned and the shell is not especially heavy. Don't make the fuel grain too long, they might go ballistic...

I Stuck the Rocket slightly in the ground

I do it all the time :P

It's not a good method. Check if the stick can get free without much pulling, it must easily slide in and out. If the soil is marshy it's easy to get it stuck.

Ok so the rocket shouldn't weight more than 100g with stick and payload?

Maybe even a little more, depending on your tool, fuel quality ect.

You have to try it out anyway. Start small with 70-80g or so and see what happens.

To get a better idea you could test the motor with a kitchen scale and a video cam. That`ll give you the motor`s average thrust and burn duration which can be used to figure out the payload. With the trial and error method, i`d use a dummy shell for the first launch,

Nozzleless rockets dont seem to mind if you light them just inside the core or pipe blackmatch to the top of the core. Either way they dont hang around.

My 15mm coreburnes can lift about 70g of payload. You have to use really fast BP, that

will do the trick for heavy loads.

Greets

Flaky123, what fuel are you using for this 15mm endburner? It needs to be the fastest BP you can make. What are you using for a nozzle?

Nozzleless rockets dont seem to mind if you light them just inside the core or pipe blackmatch to the top of the core. Either way they dont hang around.
What fuel do you use for your nozzleless coreburners? I'm not sure you can top core light a 75:15:10 6 hr ballmilled fuel using charcoal like balsa with some spindles. I bottom light my fuel grain with my balsa motors, my 1LBers jump off the pad with 4 inch round shells. Works with Wolter BP tooling or Universal tooling, the the BP spindle has a little more power. I believe top core lighting could CATO, but I have yet to try it. Edited by Juiceh

Hi the 15mm endburner use 2 hr milled black powder (willow).

The 19mm coreburners have a 14cm long spindel and they sue 75:15:10 3 hr milled + 1% oil.

The 19mm ones should lift a 3" can shell and bottom fusing with visco should work i think^^

thx

What fuel do you use for your nozzleless coreburners? I'm not sure you can top core light a 75:15:10 6 hr ballmilled fuel using charcoal like balsa with some spindles. I bottom light my fuel grain with my balsa motors, my 1LBers jump off the pad with 4 inch round shells. Works with Wolter BP tooling or Universal tooling, the the BP spindle has a little more power. I believe top core lighting could CATO, but I have yet to try it.

Milled 75/15/10 willow. I`ve never tried balsa but it might be a step too far for top fusing. If it didnt cato, you probably wouldnt see it leave the ground :)

http://youtu.be/pVHSTUBgtTk