APC Forum

Pyrotechnics guide(App, work in progress)

Sinken

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem.

In several professional manufacturing operations I've been in, cell phones and most electronic devices were explicitly forbidden due to the spark risk. I personally leave all that stuff out of my workshop and immediate area. I do use a radio, but try to keep it as far away as possible, and generally out of my immediate workspace. I leave cell phones, computers, etc. in the same area. Typically I wouldn't want to touch anything while covered in chemicals that I intend to put near my face anyway.

Yes, we're aware of the problem that chemicals on your phone isn't that fun, but spark risk? How would that happen? I can't see where it would come from in that case, or atleast how it would "escape" the phone. But you're probably right. Anyway, you will be able to print anything you need from the website, just in case.

I believe it's more of an issue of flammable vapors or dusts getting inside the device and being ignited there before spreading. It's unlikely, however is the same reason that it's technically illegal/frowned upon to talk on a cell phone while refueling your car around here.
  • Like 1

A waterproof case, like the "lifeproof" case, could mitigate those risks.

• 4 weeks later...

@Sinken: I understand that this is a rather large project to undergo, and do not expect it to be completed right now. I am curious though as to rather or not you are still pursuing the idea, and if so how it's coming along.

Edit: Thanks

Edited by BurritoBandito

• 2 weeks later...
Ohh, sorry, didn't see your reply before. Anyway, we're making some kind of progress. We switched everything over from text files to MySQL, and then over to SQL, because of the website we're making. The website itself is near complete, so if everything goes as supposed with the vacation, the website will be launch sometime this month.

It's all gravy buddy. Thank you. I am eager to see the completed site/app.

• 5 weeks later...
Hehe, sometime this month might have been a little opptimistic. Most of the functions are in place, the only thing left to do (at this stage) is to add the abbility to make changes to your profile, and some optimization. Should'nt take to long :)

Well then there's the small risk (which in pyro nothing is too small when it comes to risk) of the cell phone exploding...

It's up to you if you want to bring your phone or not. We'll hopefully implement printer support into the app, and I know that my SGSIIII can connect to printers. If not, you could always print it from the website. You just have to decide what you want to make before you walk into your "lab"

The app isn't released yet :)

We have no idea. The website is nearly done, and after that we'll have to redo parts of the app. A month? Maybe 3? Maybe more, maybe less.