APC Forum

Visco rockets

kpknd

I never really had much luck getting them to work with normal visco. On the other hand, I've made a few with fast visco that did work pretty good. They don't really have any power, just a little novelty thing to do when your bored. The one I made with like 40 pieces of fast visco did lift up a couple of 1/2" glitter stars though. So other than a few stars or a gram or so of report comp, there's not much to do. Edited by psyco_1322

I've made visco bottle rockets, 4 strands of visco all stuffed in a 1/4" ID tube with 3/64" walls. They can hardly lift themselves though.

Thanks for the heads up. I just want to get my hands dirty and see what thay do, aperantly not much.

The only ones I had fly were the kraft wrapped ones and a toothpick.

Where can I find onformation on that?

I made one with visco and one with flying fish. The vosco worked okay but the FF bairly went up 10 ft.

• 4 weeks later...

I've made a few of these when I've been bored, and as said above me, they can't lift much. 6 pieces of 2-3" long 3mm visco can lift a small star. They're quite fun to make though.

How I do it:

1. Cut some pieces of visco, 2-3" long

2. Find a very small stick of some sort (I used 6-7")

3. Put the visco in aluminiumfoil, put a longer piece of visco in it(to use as fuse), and roll the aluminiumfoil 3-4 times around the stick, and tape it in place.

Mine usually fly for 3-4 seconds,