APC Forum

KN:SU Rocket Maiden

jaysgoh

I going to fire my rocket tomorrow at my RC flying field .

Total Weight : 69gram

Flash Powder : 0.5gram

Crush dragon egg starts : 1 pcs

Fuel Ratios : 65 : 35

Total Length : 8cm / sticks

ading a role tube sticks its become 90g .

post-16100-0-69114400-1363421852_thumb.jpg

Edited by gohjiejing

good luck..!!

And dont forget to share video with us.

thanks bro ! i will do but i can say that i got no proper sticks . it head heavy . either not fly or slam down to the floor .

looks good though {fly baby fly }

hope you have some success

FAILED !!!! FUEL TOO SLOW ! I dont know why its seems like stop and like farting . fuel like smoke bomb , just bomb . nothing gonna fly ! anyone can guide me ?

it kind of just bubble at the nozzle?

If it left heavy residues that are thick and white to off white yellow it could mean that you have too much fuel. What composition are you using?

Do you have video?

If not I would recommend making a rocket engine with the same methods as before and doing a static test.

If you do this static test you should videotape it so others can try to help you better.

i got no video .. sorry ..

white bubble .. i using dry mix .

65;35 kno3 and icing sugar ...

the only problems ive had with a mix like this dry powders is if i mill it for longer than 5 minutes i will almost guarantee a cato but i say this from my experience before i had a press but if i mill that kind of mix for extended periods i did tests on 50g batches of that and my bp and without high speed footage is hard to tell the difference burns very hot how are you making your nozzles

drill hole by using drill bit .

i dont understand , should i drill all the way until the end or just half ?

It's called a cored rocket.

It increases you surface area allowing more fuel to light at once therefore you get more thrust.

I never have drilled out a cored rocket I always have used rocket tooling set that had a mandrel. This way the core is formed while you press/ram you engine.

It also reduces the risk of ignition during the process of making the engine, but if you absolutely have to drill out the core for you rocket engine do not use an electric drill do it by hand.

Also since you asked I will tell you, the core in a rocket engine will typically go anywhere between 1/3 to 2/3 of the way into the engine.

I am not very well versed on sugar rockets, but I would suggest a core that goes about ½ way into the engine.

Just experiment a little and do some static test's.

ID is 0.6-7cm

thickness of tube wall are 0.4cm . unfortunaly the wall dint burn ..

i guess it was the core length too short .

• 2 weeks later...