APC Forum

Looking for an Example of a Double-Ring Shell

AirCowPeacock

I'm trying to find a good video of a double ring cylinder shell as described in Pyrotechnica IX. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've already tried searching youtube, and although I'm sure there's one there, I have not been able to find it.

I may very well be wrong on this. What I understand as a "double ring" effect in a cylinder shell is large comets stacked in rings with an inner layer of a second color stars cut to the normal size for the shell. It does not display noticeable rings when it bursts, more like a break with a pistil.

Edited by nater

Indeed, and that is why I had trouble finding a video, when I search double ring shell, I get pattern shells with a ring inside of another ring.

That video doesn't seem to show the effect very well, probably because of the weak break.

Do you mean like the Maltese style multi-ring shells? Like the second and third break of this shell?

They build them slightly different than the Italians, but same general idea I think.

Bodosan, that is not the kind of shell I'm talking about, that's a round shell.

flying fish, I'm not sure how the Maltese build their shells, although they are certainly different, they do seem to be the general idea. However, the outer ring is of 'normal sized' stars, not comets. Those shells seem to be more along the lines of double petal, japanese style shells. However, moving in the right direction.