APC Forum

3" Shell of Shells

AirCowPeacock

Holy crap. -25*C. There is no way I would go outside in weather that cold. But I live in a much warmer area so I guess I'm just not used to it. Coldest I've ever seen it here was about -8*C.

Waiting patiently for the vid.

I was thinking about waiting to shoot til the next day, and I should have. It was only -14ºC the next night. I think the firedust would have looked better in warmer tempratures, you'll see what I mean. There was also a little bit of hoarfrost, so the view was obscured from way up there. I will have the video up by the end of tomorrow.

Upon reexamination of the video, it's totally worthless, between the ice fog, and bad camera work only one half of the flower is readily visable atall. I used some TT to Independance red 7/32", which turned out quite nicely infact, but the firedust was not visible atall at the altitude and even the red was blurred and dull. The two extra shells were shot out of a 1.25" morter and looked wonderful (they did not make it on camera,) however this is not apparent on video. I will not be bothering to put it up. Needless to say the shell performed great! And looked really spectacular in person. I hope to make a similar shell (3" with 10 inserts of 9/32" TT with a 1" Golden Wave #2 Attachment on inserts) to shoot in 3 weeks. Hopefully the weather conditions will be more favorable, and the camera work more skillful.