APC Forum

MS Wireless Firing System 12 Cue System

PyroAce

What are peoples thoughts on this new firing system, the biggest draw card for me is it seems they have ditched the mechanical relays:

http://www.rfremotech.com/FiringSystems.html

I will have to find out how much it costs.

And also the 32 Cue one looks alright as well and also doesn't use mechanical relays, are these systems safe and reliable?

http://www.rfremotech.com/C32QS.html

And one other quick question what are the best ematch wires to use at a decent price, Pyrodirect have them, are there also other sources?

(...)

So Stability and Reliability are important for a wireless firing system. PCB layout, components selection etc. largely affect the performance of firing system.

Our most excellent RF engineers and Microchip engineers work together on RFRemotech Wireless Firing Systems. Also we have never stopped collecting information from end users. Our manufacturing facility passes ISO9001 Quality System Certification. Most units come with CE, FCC certificates.

We are the original designer and manufacturer of all RFRemotech Wireless Firing Systems.

Well.. most (if not all) of their products are cheap ebay stuff. (

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Channel-Wireless-Radio-RF-Remote-Control-System-433MHz-New-/110928963948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d3e1a96c for example is exactly the same as one of their products)

I would never ever count on their claimed reliability if these devices are to be used in public firework shows. I have one of these myself and it works ok. I've never had any issues.

Regarding the relays: High quality relays are capable of switching loads within their specification thousands of times. But with chinese electronics you can never be sure wheter they used low quality or counterfeit parts or not.

My opinion: If you want reliable SAFE and real Fcc or CE certified products. Buy something else. It will be much more expensive but thats the price you pay for safety.

If you want a firing system for personal use without spending too much money. Buy it.

Thank you for the reply Chuleo, it is for personal use, not a public/professional display, it doesn't look too bad, I just wanted to get some feedback if they are any good. You are right that you get what you pay for, but for personal use firing a few shows every year it's probably all you need.

I only tested two different ematches. Both fired well without any failures. You can use any commerical ematch with this firing system. if you make the ematches yourself you have to adjust the voltage of the battery according to your ematch (depends on what technology you use).

I was intending to buy that very system. I still use fuse to light my fireworks. I only shoot a few shells a year, but it's more elegant and exact to use electrical ignition.