APC Forum

Top fusing a ball shell

cogbarry

WB's picture illustrates the problem with preloading every shell shot at a CLUB shoot. One of the failures at PGI this year cause the shell next to it to detonate as well. When shooting experimental product, I think limiting exposed and ready product is the safest option. Even if that means reloading. There is no time limit other than curfew on the permit and no pace to maintain, so we can take the time needed to remove product from a ready box and reload.

For commercial displays, reloading should not be allowed. Commercial product does not normally carry the same risks with failure. Large multi break shells with heavy salutes and rockets are the most dangerous devices and they are very rare in public shows any more. I could go on, but in short club shoots and commercial displays are very different events with different needs to be done safely.

I would agree that reloading in a public show should be avoided and I've only seen it done once in 3 years. Not sure if should be completely banned. ...but yes, public shows and club shoots are different animals for sure. Imagine reloading shells strung together? That would be insane.